- Sydney, Australia
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations to Build, Run, Manage, Connect and Protect Any App on Any Cloud on Any Device.
This Professional Services Senior Consultant role focuses primarily on the VMware vRealize Suite of products in support of complete SDDC solutions. This product suite provides you with the opportunity to transform the strategic direction of VMware's customer businesses and includes some of the most exciting engagements that consultants want to be involved in. You will provide assistance and direction to VMware's clients in order to assist them with architecture, design, implementation, integration and process definitions that will redefine the client's current automation and management capabilities and understanding of what their infrastructure can accomplish. The ideal candidate will have excellent technical credentials, a friendly consultative approach to solving complex IT challenges and the ability to help customers deliver on critical business needs.
You will be expected to have an ability to hold technical and business related discussions with partners from various areas of the business. You will use this information to develop an environment that resolves client's critical issues. You will also need to approach engagements that will enable clients to recognise known issues, and to recognise issues that the client isn't aware of. Once issues have been identified you can provide an extraordinary service by providing benefits that far exceed the client's expectations.
As a Senior Consultant specialising in the vRealize Suite, the individual will have extensive experience with enterprise automation technologies and management tools. Previous experience with VMware vRealize is not necessary, however the individual must demonstrate an enthusiasm and drive for self-development required to become a highly regarded team member.
- Delivering Architect level Software Defined Datacenter (SDDC) engagements to critical VMware customers regarding process and technology, in support of IaaS, PaaS and DaaS.
- Deliver high quality results on customer engagements, to drive better outcomes around the vRealize Suite of products
- Engage with customers regarding all facets of IT, including facilities, network, security, systems, strategy and business applications teams, as well as service focused teams, such as capacity management, financial management and event management.
- Provision of leadership in the best practice operationalization and standardization of VMware products & technologies
- Delivery of projects in the enterprise space, often independently and with a commitment to high-quality outcomes.
- Documentation of technical best practices for the reuse in other customer engagements, and contribution to the development of standard consulting service offerings.
- Maintain and grow technical and product knowledge through certification or association
- Maintain a solid understanding of competition across product, technology, applications, sales and strategies.
Education and Experience
You will require sound knowledge of technical skills and knowledge in the areas of server, networking, storage and virtualization technologies. Other areas of experience you will need are:
- A VMware VCP (or higher)
- Experience with automation/orchestration products such as vRealize Automation and vRealize Orchestrator, or equivalent
- Server, network, storage and virtualization technologies
- Experience with IT solutions, compute, storage, network theory, design and architecture
- Experience with designing and implementing ad-hoc or formal automation process for technology solutions
- Experience with producing high quality technical documentation
- Excellent communication and presentation
- Experience in end to end project delivery including collecting requirements, leading workshops and inspiring change within the customer organization.
- Understanding of modern IT data centre practices and IT business operations across the IT service lifecycle.
- Experience in Architecture or Solutions Design, Operational Support and Business Analysis including:
- To have a minimum 5 years' experience in technology roles and/or related experience.
- To have a minimum 3 years' experience in enterprise-class IT infrastructure environments including a working knowledge of scripting, networking, storage, facilities and servers.
- To have a minimum 3 years' experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services technology or business consultant.
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, BS/BA, Information Systems or equivalent, advanced industry certifications (e.g CCIE) desirable and/or strongly preferred.
- Exposure with other programming or scripting languages such as:
- Experience with DevOps and containers methodologies and tools, such as:
- Understanding of Cloud/Service Providers, Systems Integrators and Outsource Providers. Enterprise, Commercial, SMB or equivalent business model exposure.
- Presentation to and collaborate with upper level management.
- Experience with working in a matrix organization.
- Experience in delivering multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to run informal training courses in VMware products and confidence in presenting to large audiences.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top