- Collaborate with cross-functional VMware project teams which could consist of VMware pre-sales architects, engineers, product management and support staff.
- Work as part of a wider project team or independently act as technical lead on consulting engagements
- Confidently gather use case requirements and creation of low-level designs while functioning as an advisory resource for "Best Practices" and driving adoption of VMware solutions.
- Develop use cases into high-quality solutions in your specialist area
- Actively demonstrate commercial awareness and stay within the scope of the contracted work. Take ownership and accountability for individual deliverables.
- Define project requirements/issues/constraints with PMs.
- Make accurate impact assessments, and raise, implement, close down and roll-back plans when required
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line and future product direction and expert level knowledge of the core VMware product line and your specialist area
- Assist in the development of our consulting service offerings as well as developing white papers and best practices
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
- As a Cloud Automation subject matter expert, you will be required to gather use case requirements for, and create, test and release high quality vRealize private cloud, VMC on AWS hybrid cloud and PKS container solutions according to Agile or Waterfall methodologies
- Demonstrated ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a Professional Services consultant.
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- An active listener with excellent and confident communications and interpersonal skills with an ability to read complex customer situations and adapt as needed.
- Multiple years of actively delivering IT automation / scripted infrastructure projects ideally based on VMware technologies.
- Expertise on VMware Virtual Infrastructure Deployment, Management & Administration: vSphere/vCenter is a strict minimum, vRealize Operations Manager, SRM, vCloud Director, vRealize Automation Center, vRealize Orchestrator
- Familiarity with modern IT infrastructure (Server, Storage, Network and IT Security) and hosting operation (Disaster recovery, SLA, Backup, Multi Site, Monitoring, AD & DNS...)
Certification and Education
- Bachelor's degree as a minimum or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Currently holds the VCP 5.x and / or 6.x certification and ideally holds VMware VCAP/VCIX certifications
- Industry certifications from vendors such as AWS, Dell, K8 and Microsoft
- Project governance experience and familiarity with PRINCE2, PMP or TOGAF frameworks
- Practical knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
- Experience in Operation management methods and products are considered a plus as well
- Cross Operating System knowledge, getting at least administrator experience in both Linux and Windows world
- .net, java or equivalent development language experience.
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies such as DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top