VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community - instigators of innovation and transformers of technology - as we envision and create what's next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 24,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
Designation: Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer
In the Cloud Services team, we are responsible for the success of VMware Cloud Services sales to both Enterprise, Commercial customers and Cloud Provider Partners in India. Our solutions include VMware Cloud Provider Program (VCPP) and VMware Cloud on AWS. The VCPP team's primary objective is to drive adoption of VMware Products, services and technologies into Service Provider cloud offerings.
We're passionate about our customers and our team. We're passionate about culture, diversity and flexibility because we know this drives high-performance teams who achieve outstanding results. We are looking for a talented individual to join the team as a Senior VCPP Cloud Solutions Engineer, based in New Delhi. Are you passionate about phenomenal customer outcomes? Are you curious to find innovative ways of working? Are you authentic, hardworking and transparent? Do you want to join one of the world's top software companies and a recognised Great Place To Work? Then read on!
As a VCPP Cloud Solutions Engineer, your overall responsibility will be to provide in-depth technical product guidance, roadmap and prescriptive mentorship to Cloud Providers. You will work collaboratively across VMWare teams to enable the Cloud Providers to conceptualize, productize and sell their cloud services built on VMware Cloud solutions. Your will drive VMware subscription licensing revenue by helping service providers and managed services providers sell more of their services to more of their customers.
- Collaborating with service provider technical product teams as a trusted advisor and assist in leading and handling the technical agenda. This will include assisting in running initial product/solution proof-of-concepts and pilots.
- Drive technical closure for new service creation opportunities with existing and new providers.
- Help CSPs/MSPs build compelling proposals to address specific customer cloud opportunities and drive technical closures for the same.
- Be a trusted advisor to CSPs and MSPs for their respective cloud strategies & leverage VMware internal ecosystem to work on a joint vision, strategy and technical/solution roadmap to drive incremental consumption for related VMware Cloud Solutions.
- Be a continuous learner and develop ongoing competence on new solution areas, deep technical and business knowledge of Cloud solutions, industry directions and trends in line with solution roadmaps/acquisitions.
- Drive collaboration with VMware product teams and SME's to provide Service Provider product feedback.
- Assist support requests (as needed) and promote participation in VMware beta programs.
- Maintain working knowledge of competitor products and services and how to position against them
- Document standard methodologies & architectural references in designing and deploying VMware cloud solutions.
- Experience in technical sales for cloud and managed services either with Hyperscaler/CSPs/MSPs
- Deep and proven understanding of enterprise cloud requirements and challenges, and demonstrated experience in solving them through hyperscaler/CSP solutions
- 10+ years of experience in technology related areas including: enterprise IT and infrastructure (datacenter) architecture experience with significant depth around designing, implementing, and running critical business infrastructure. Engagement experience should include IT strategy initiatives, creating technology roadmaps for customers and demonstrating overall technical architecture knowledge across multiple industries.
- Shown success and knowledge in developing and leading service providers and/or managed services providers.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a trustworthy personality.
- Excellent social, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- You are able work effectively in both independent and team setting.
- Strong listening and question based selling skills. Able to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to meet those challenges.
- You should be an accomplished presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups. The ability to present extemporaneously is desirable.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Should have Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience.
- Should have strong VMware knowledge (vSphere, VSAN, NSX, at a minimum).
- Other technical certifications of next generation application & cloud platforms including but not limited to: Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), IBM Softlayer, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform will be a plus.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.