Job Description - Cloud Sales Manager
The VMWare Cloud team is responsible for the success of VMware Cloud sales to both Enterprise and Commercial customers across Australia and New Zealand. One of our key focus solutions is VMware Cloud on AWS which is a collaboration between AWS and VMWare. This team is a key growth engine within VMWare and as such we are seeking talented people to join us and bring their cloud selling skills. We thrive on building great relationships; truly understanding our customers and building value as we help customers achieve great outcomes. We are passionate about our customers and our team. We are also passionate about culture, diversity, and flexibility because we know this drives high-performing teams who achieve outstanding results.
The right knowledge and attitude will drive great success in this role. Are you deeply experienced in helping customers move to the cloud? Are you passionate about phenomenal customer outcomes? Are you curious to find innovative ways to drive outcomes? Are you authentic, hard-working, and transparent? Are you tenacious and determined?
This is a senior specialist sales role; you will need to be an excellent teammate as you collaborate cross-functionally with VMware's Core Sales and Partner organisations to handle engagements with new and existing customers. Whilst this role is an individual contributor role you need to be highly capable in leading and orchestrating people to drive first class customer-focussed outcomes in a highly matrixed organisation. You need to be resilient and someone who can thrive in fast moving and dynamic environments.
VMWare has a very strong brand, and you will be creating a positive impact to this brand through solving customer problems with our solutions. You will need to have a track record of building a strong pipeline, orchestrating resources across the business to achieve customer outcomes, and you need to have extensive experience in deal closure strategies and driving win/win customer outcomes.
Specifically, we are seeking deep knowledge of the cloud marketplace, Software-as-a-Service, and customer IT environments. Knowledge of VMware's ecosystem and solution portfolio will be important for success in the role, and equally a hunger for ongoing learning is of key importance.
Do you want to join one of the world's top software companies and a widely recognised great place to work? We have the solutions, we are passionate about success, and we nurture extraordinary talent.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Customer obsession
- Accountable for achieving bookings and revenue consumption targets for the VMware Cloud on AWS
- Demonstrate a robust weekly sales cadence and forecast discipline including a well-maintained sales pipeline and territory plans to reach your goals
- Identify and nurture high propensity customers including major logo acquisition
- Drive increased monthly recurring revenue (MRR)
- Collaborate and build tight-knit relationships with core Field and Partner sales leaders to ensure proper engagement with core teams and customers
- Consultative sales experience especially around the adoption of cloud services in the infrastructure space and experience with cloud economics / TCO principals
- Qualification for all the leads and sales opportunities for Cloud Services within your territory
- Demonstrate high trust and credibility and maintain and expect high standards for self and team
- Work closely with the Sales Leaders to ensure that Partner and Inside Sales teams are providing sufficient support and are on-track to contribute to achieving bookings and pipeline goals
- A curious, resilient, and passionate individual. You will bring a positive energy to the team and your territory
- A highly experienced sales professional within the cloud marketplace
- Deep knowledge and understanding of cloud consumption models and solutions
- Able to work across multi-function/matrix organisation to achieve desired results
- An outstanding "team" mindset. We work and win as one team
- You love to tell a story! Articulating our capabilities and value in a customer's own language
- Experience with new product introductions and emerging technologies / start up mindset
- Ability to build a 'balanced book of business' through a robust territory plan while in parallel progressing larger strategic opportunities
- Ability to create and foster great customer relationships
- Experience in contract negotiations and complex problem solving
- A bias toward being detail orientated
This position is eligible for JoinCloudSales referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.