Senior C++ Software Engineer - Host Agent
- Sofia, Bulgaria
VMware ESXi is the industry-leading, bare-metal hypervisor. ESXi installs directly onto the physical server enabling it to be partitioned into multiple virtual machines.
VMware ESXi consists of 4 major components:
- VMM provides virtual CPU to the virtual machine. It runs in privileged mode on the physical CPU. It intercepts hardware interrupts and dispatches control to the VMKernel or to the Guest OS.
- VMX provides control of VMs and Guests.
- VMKernel provides resource management, scheduling, network and storage stacks, and device drivers. It implements a subset of POSIX.
- Host Agent (or hostd) provides the public API for ESXi configuration and management, configuring and controlling VMs, and aggregating statistics.
The Host Agent team is looking for experienced engineer to join our team in Sofia.
- You will be a part of a software development team, working in collaboration with product management and technical publications teams to develop high-quality software products
- You will analyze product requirements
- You will create functional, architecture and design specifications
- You will develop and maintain code, and perform code reviews
- You will develop and maintain test code
- Demonstrates a full competency and comprehensive knowledge of one or more technical fiel
- Designs solutions to large complex features/problems involving other more junior team mebers
- Performs analysis and design of one or more difficult projects, having significant latitude in performing technical work
- Develops innovative ideas and solutions for projects
- Identifies issues and critically evaluates implications of ideas or solutions
- Performs analysis of a complex workload and initiates solutions
- In-depth and/or breadth knowledge of components of a project and involved with design and implementation
- Has distinguishing technical expertise
- Demonstrates influence within their area of expertise
- Provides direction and guidance to other team members
- Leads group in improving experimental methodology, and researches industry standards and works to implement them
- Encourages and leads teamwork
- Generates ideas to reduce cost, improve quality and / or gain process efficiencies
- Proficiency in C++
- Professional experience in programming for Linux and Win32
- Excellent knowledge of multi-threading and networking
- Practical knowledge in general Computer Science: data structures and algorithms
- Excellent understanding of the main operating systems concepts: processes, memory management, file systems
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux
- Experience with profiling and debugging tools
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English
- Willing to innovate, learn and share knowledge
- Experience in coaching and directing others
- Experience building multi-platform solutions in C/C++
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience
A plus will be:
- Knowledge and experience in software security
- Experience with Perforce, Scons, make
- Experience in Python
- Experience in Java
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
This position is eligible for ProjectMonterey referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top