Senior C++ Software Engineer- Blockchain Engineering
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Exciting opportunity foraSenior Software Engineerin our Blockchain Engineering team.You will beworking with a team of engineersdedicated to making the VMware Blockchain Platform the dominant Enterprise Blockchainsolution.
At VMware, we are buildinganEnterprise Blockchain with innovation, enterprise-grade capability, and solutions that will power blockchain in every market sector.
You will work with a team of talented and supportive individuals from across the world as well as members of the academic community and VMware's Research Group in this role. Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware's EPIC2 values.
Are you readyfor your next great challengewith the Blockchain Engineering team in VMware?
This position is available for remote work within Bulgaria.
- Design, implement, leadcomplex features as part of an enterprise blockchain solution. This includes, but is not limited to, work on the Byzantine Fault Tolerant State Machine Replication layer, work on the execution engine and smart contract layer and work on the ledger layer.
- Collaborate effectively when cross-functional teams are involved in theproductdelivery
- Provide mentorship and for emerging talents within the team
- Working with a global team indifferentgeographical locations
- Very strong development skills in Modern C++ (11/14/17 andhigher)in aLinux environment
- Deep understanding of distributed computing concepts in practice
- Experience in one of the following domains: distributed systems, security/cryptography
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to lead challenging demands to completion.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team environment, includingquickly getting up to speed with new technologies.
- Experience with leading the everyday activities of a global engineering team using Agile/Scrum processes.
Who you are:
- Self Starter- Thrive in a fast paced andchangingenvironment.
- Technical engineering excellence, innovation in everything you do.
- Proven leadership skills, underpinning your ability to lead complex features to completion
- Strong collaboration skills with a "Team First" mentality.
- "Growth" mindset in tackle problems and creating great solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 8+years experiencein an equivalent role
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Scienceor equivalent experience
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
JoinOCTO referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top