Senior Business operations Analyst - APJ ( reporting and Analytics )
- Bangalore, India
Business Operations Analyst - APJ
The role will support APJ (Asia pacific and Japan) sales and Sales operations leadership in developing and executing sustainable business strategies, driving team productivity improvement and managing the sales operations support & Business reporting, Reporting to the Director, Business Operations APJ.
The person will closely engage and partner with cross functional team, business leaders across Sales organizations ensuring the continued success of the business units.
The core responsibility of the individual will be to provide actionable business insights to support the decision making of the businesses. For this, it is necessary to have an in-depth understanding of the Go-to-Market models, Sales cycle, segmentation, coverage models, Salesforce CRM system. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in both business analytics and operations. Ability to collaborate effectively across key stakeholders and influence/develop mutually beneficial peer relationships within VMware is also vital.
• Drive proactive reporting and analysis and produce actionable business insights to facilitate effective decision-making and ensure the continued success of the business.
• Provide Bookings, pipeline and account level insights to regional Business operations and enable them with data-based planning and segmentation decisions.
• explore and Drive areas of automation for key KPI scorecards / dashboards in Business intelligence tools like SAP, Tableau.
• Manage sales operations in support to the APJ Sales organization including managing forecast cadence process and driving effective pipeline management to ensure business predictability as and when needed.
• Actively work with cross functional team such as BUs, Shared services, COEs, Enterprise data analytics team.
• Be a trusted business partner and represent (or be a proxy for) Sales Leaders on various task forces, projects and meetings if required.
• Manage/present business performance/KPI results in periodic business review meetings to key internal stakeholders and drive implementation of best practices across APJ.
• 7-10 years proven experience in Sales Operations, Reporting, Business Analytics, GTM, segmentation within a fast-paced high-tech organization. Graduate / post graduate degree, MBA preferred.
• Strong understanding of SFDC CRM, working knowledge of analytics studio desired.
experience in various Business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SAP BI etc.
• Experience with the statistical modeling, financial modelling/analysis and metrics/dashboard development.
• Highly motivated, self-starter, strategic/analytical thinker with a "can-do" attitude, flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs and a keen eye for details.
• Excellent and proven ability to manage multiple cross-functional projects with competing priorities.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate through a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
• Strong communication, executive presence, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to engage and influence individuals at all levels.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top