Senior Business Analyst – Commissions, BTA Finance Solutions
- Alajuela, Costa Rica
VMware has a world class sales team selling world class cloud applications. The VMware Business Transformation and Automation (BTA) Finance Solutions Team is a focused group that implements and manages finance solutions and processes. We're looking for a world class Commissions Sr. Business Analyst to help support our sales incentive function.
At VMware, we've operated a Sales Performance Management (SPM) system for the last seven years to provide our sales teams visibility to how they earn their commission and automate calculation processes. We have recently transitioned to the SAP Commissions application to support our future growth and provide a best-in-class experience to our sales team and finance commissions teams.
Job Role and Responsibility:
We're looking for you to make a significant impact on our commissions landscape. You will need to have a strong knowledge of commissions and sales operations processes, from plan design and quota setting, through configuration of plans and crediting rules, to calculation of earnings.
You will be working in the Business Transformation and Automation (BTA) team, and your responsibility will be to work with the Commissions Finance, Go To Market, and IT teams to ensure requirements are converted to deliverables that align with the processes. You will work closely with the local (Costa Rica) Commissions Finance team, engaging and understanding their processes or any gaps.
Your work will involve:
- Understanding the commissions and related processes
- Optimizing processes which will include:
- Manual processes which can be built into the application, with or without automation
- Optimizing the data flow through the system, reducing redundancy.
- Documenting and updating processes for multiple audiences, from high level for executives, to detailed flows for IT and business teams, highlighting the changes.
- Adhering to the guiding principle of using 'Out-of-the-box' technology without significant customization
- Experience of sales compensation systems - SAP Sales Cloud (Callidus Cloud Commissions)
- 4 to 5 years of previous work experience in finance, compensation, and/or sales administration or implementation of sales compensation applications
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or Business Information System or equivalent related work experience
- Thorough understanding of Plan-to-Pay landscape with specific focus on commissions systems
- Analytical skills using Excel
- Business Process mapping
- Excellent written, and presentation skills
- Problem solving and in multiple ways to find optimal solutions
- Capable of independently managing multiple tasks in a highly deadline driven environment with a high level of precision, self-starter & self-motivated.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership, negotiation and decision making.
- Process mapping using IBM BlueWorks Live/MS Visio or other process mapping tool
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top