Senior Applications & Systems Developer- C++
- Bangalore, India
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today. In End-User Computing at VMware, we are in the business of helping customers bring Business Mobility to reality: transforming their high-demand applications, building and leading the next-generation desktop, and helping industries shift core business processes and operations to make things happen only possible in today's mobile environment. With over 60,000 customers around the globe, our End User Computing team is helping companies deliver work at the speed of life and our technologies are leading what's happening next for users across the enterprise.
Role and Responsibility
The team is looking for a Staff Software Engineer for an engineering team working on our Horizon product. You will get to work on some of the more challenging and interesting problems building on VMware's production-proven platform. Enabling the digital workspace transformation means developing solutions to allow user to access content from anywhere on any device, and you will be tasked with designing and implementing those solutions to run across the spectrum of devices and systems.
How do you succeed:
• You bring broad technical experience, creative problem-solving skills, a passion for technology and coding, and a healthy dose of self-motivation.
• You thrive in fast-paced environments.
• You have a passion for building software with great user experience; you have experience in building distributed systems, blended with a strong systems background.
• You have taken projects from inception and design through to delivery.
• You have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• You take ownership of problems.
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines - MS or PhD preferred
• 8+ years' experience developing with C/C++
• Experience with object-oriented design and multi-threaded programming
• Experience in the development of end-user focused applications
• Knowledge of OS internals (either Windows or Linux)
• Experience in the development of large distributed software systems at scale
• Exposure to testing and deployment tools and CI/CD (Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, etc.)
• Experience with developing automated tests, such as unit tests
• Experience with various VM solutions (Azure, AWS, vSphere, etc.)
• Cross platform development experience on Windows, Linux, OS X, iOS, or Android
• Reverse engineering with either kernel or user mode assembly debugging
• Understanding of display protocols, such as RDP
• Usage of graphics APIs (OpenGL, DirectX, etc.) or video codecs (H.264, HEVC, etc.) or audio encoding (Opus)
• Network programming experience (TCP/UDP, sockets, etc.)
• Device communication protocols and drivers (USB, printers, etc.)
• Experience in providing APIs and SDK for third-party developers
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top