Senior Application Developer - C++ / C#
In VMware End User Computing (EUC), we run the world's largest Digital Workspace Platform with Workspace One and Horizon platform. These provide agility of being connected to the business from any device, on any Cloud and access virtual desktops and apps.
Job Role and Responsibility
We are looking for passionate women engineers who want to change the status quo. The candidate should have a right mindset and a passion for the craft of software engineering. Technologies come and go, but that excites you because of the endless possibilities it creates. If you're looking for a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers' business objectives.
What can you expect from this position?
- Mentor alignment
- Learning from best engineering minds in the industry
- Technology ramp-up with hands on project work
- Supportive work environment
- Work on real world customer problems
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software development using C/C++ or C#. You should have a background with Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field).
- Good programming skills in Net or C++ or C# (Any one is also suitable)
- Experience with object-oriented design and multi-threaded programming
- You should have good programming and troubleshooting skill with attention to detail
- You should display a passion for technology and learning
- Work on expanding your breadth of knowledge / interest on multiple clouds
- Obsess over quality in the product you create, and the code you write
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passion for collaborative development and support of quality hosted software services
- Java EE experience including REST services, Web Services, and/or other remoting technologies
- Hands-on experience building large-scale distributed systems
- A high degree of "ownership" - the ability to determine what needs to be done and make it happen
- Experience with some of the following: microservices, Spring framework or .Net, deploying AWS or Azure, CI/CD, asynchronous programming and/or Linux/Unix operating system.
- Security and compliance consciousness
- Knowledge of OS internals (either Windows or Linux)
- Experience with developing automated tests, such as unit tests
- You love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You love working with some of the best engineers, product managers and architects around the world
- You strive to excel and to innovate
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.