Senior Analyst l - General Ledger
- Bangalore, India
- About VMware:
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, two areas that consistently rank as top priorities among CIOs. VMware delivers award-winning, customer-proven solutions that accelerate IT by reducing complexity and enabling more flexible, agile service delivery. Our solutions help organizations of all sizes, lower costs, increase business agility and ensure freedom of choice. We are searching for people who are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead to join our team of more than 20,000+ employees in 120+ locations worldwide working to develop creative solutions that deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. Having the audacity to challenge constraints and problem-solve for tomorrow starts today, and it starts with you. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
General Ledger team is part of R&R in the shared services organization in Bangalore. This team oversees accounting for the all the VMware entities across the globe which involves accounting, M&A, reconciliations, supporting Tax & Audits and the consolidations of VMware entities. Also supports SEC team in preparing schedules for 10 Q/K.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst l - General Ledger to part of team of accountants to manage accounting functions which involves closely working with other functions including Accounts Payables, Payroll, Accounts Receivables, FP&A etc. This also involves working with internal and external auditors. Our ideal candidate uses strong analytical skills to create detailed and accurate financial reports . To succeed in this role, you should also have a problem-solving attitude . Senior Analyst should have sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices and demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. You should also be able to keep abreast of the latest developments in accounting technologies and software to streamline accounting processes.
Role: Senior Analyst l - General Ledger
Type: Full time
Reporting to: Supervisor - General Ledger
To be part of the R2R team performing the corporate accounting for the entities across the globe of VMware
- Ensure Month end GL activities are completed within stipulated timelines.
- Review of P&L, Balance Sheet and Flux Analysis along with reconciliations.
- Working with external auditors in timely completion of audit.
- Finalization of accounts and tax audit and Annual Financial Reports.
- Liaison with Statutory Authorities if required.
- Work with tax consultants on tax related matters.
- Working with the Legal consultants for legal compliances like board meetings, statutory filings etc.
- Internal Audit and SOX compliance.
- CA/CPA completed (Preferred)
- Post-Graduation in Accounting
- 3 to 4 years of post-qualification experience in a similar set up with sound academic, technical knowledge and good interpersonal skills
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws, and regulations
- Experience of working in a shared service is desirable
- Experience in SAP, Oracle financials & Blackline tool is an added advantage
Desired Skills/ Nice to have skills.
- Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams
- Process knowledge and analytical skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Should be detail oriented with ability to analyze and present findings
- Strong ethics
- Positive attitude and professional pride
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to anticipate needs and pre-plan work.
- Must be multi-task oriented and able to work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability support the global teams in different time zones.
VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top