- Palo Alto, CA
VMware Engineering Services (VES) Security Architects act as the trusted partner and security subject matter experts to VMware leadership and business units. They are ambassadors of vSECR who represent VMware product and cloud services security throughout the company and the industry. Product Security Architects also fulfill a key advisory function for VMware business units to enable end-to-end security and compliance of VMware products and service offerings.
- Act as the trusted partner and security subject matter expert to VMware leadership and business units
- Maintain and curate a central security and privacy requirements library for all VMware products and services
- Evangelize product security requirements throughout VMware
- Respond to external requests and assist customers in understanding VMware's security policies and processes
- Create and maintain product / cloud service level threat models in a central library, and approve incremental feature level changes submitted by vSDL Security Engineers
- Create and maintain a central security design pattern and best practices library
- Scope and lead virtual teams of vSDL Security Engineers to conduct product / cloud service level security tests
- Guide product and service teams in the selection of software components, methodologies, and functional requirements to enhance security capabilities
- Translate requirements from security and privacy frameworks such as HIPAA, PCI, Common Criteria, FedRAMP to business and technical requirements
- Facilitate the integration of security architecture and requirements from other VMware groups such as legal, privacy, and Info Sec.
- Combined experience in the areas of software development, application security, security architecture, and risk management.
- Hands-on experience with software development IDEs, tools, and technologies
- Proven experience designing secure enterprise systems and services
- Demonstrable knowledge of common software security development flaws and risks
- Strong communication skills and ability to clearly articulate security risks to senior leaders
- Previous experience with HIPAA, PCI, Common Criteria, and other security and privacy compliance frameworks
- Experience conducting research, writing publications, or delivering presentations at conferences a strong plus
- Previous experience as an Application, Network, or Security Architect a strong plus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top