Secure State Senior Backend Developer
- Sofia, Bulgaria
We are a hard-working team, building SaaS platforms to deliver the future of cloud security and governance. We live and breathe distributed systems, horizontally scaled microservice architectures, graph data models, security-focused data analytics and data science, cloud services, and high availability designs all with integrated instrumentation and logging. We are seeking creative and capable problem solvers and critical thinkers with growth mindsets to join us. Our team is growing and you will have the chance to get in early and grow, while sharing responsibility for the full lifecycle of delivering SaaS products. While we have a high bar for quality and performance, we also foster a work environment that is balanced, fun and fulfilling.
The team will be responsible for several aspects of our platforms including UI implementation (both front and back end), some backend data services, and extending and crafting our security content for VMware Secure State cloud security and governance SaaS. You will seek to understand our shared vision for Secure State and bridge the time and distance between our teams, helping to build strong communication, trust, and collaboration.
Requirements and preferred skills
- You possess technical knowledge and awareness to help the team navigate through difficult technical decisions.
- Your verbal and written communication skills are effective and versatile.
- You take responsibility when goals are not met and share the success when they are.
- You understand agile software development and have experience with agile software development tools like Jira, Git, Confluence.
- You have a good understanding of OOP principles, design patterns etc.
- You have 3+ years programming experience in languages such as Go/Golang, Java, Node.js/Express.js, Ruby, TypeScript, or any other OOP Programming language
- Experience writing Unit and API Tests
- Optional: It is an advantage if you have exposure to some or all of these technologies: Angular 2+, RxJs, SCSS, Karma, Jasmine DynamoDB, AWS, Azure, ElasticSearch, Mongo, Cassandra, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins and Linux.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top