Scale and Performance Engineer, Octarine team, VMware Carbon Black
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Octarine is now part of Vmware Carbon Black. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Carbon Black Cloud platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Octarine now propels Carbon Black with the ability to protect multi cloud Kubernetes clusters. With the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Octarine's success.
We are seeking a talented engineer to work on performance at scale
In this role, you will characterize the overall customer experience at scale, focusing on finding and fixing performance bottlenecks and increasing scalability.
What You'll Do:
- Develop solutions to evaluate and improve performance and scalability
- Root cause performance and scalability issues and contribute to product code to alleviate these issues
- Optimize sizing of deployed component instances for cost optimization
- Develop performance and scale test plans based on requirements, design documentation, realistic endpoint events and scenarios
- Design and implement relevant simulators to ingest large scale data
- Design, implement and maintain test frameworks
- Support extended teams in troubleshooting problems, such as system malfunctions
- Provide feedback, propose solutions and suggest improvements in the Product
- Deploy and manage AWS instances to orchestrate the scale and performance testing pipeline.
- Track test results as query-able time series data and alert upon failure in an automated fashion
- Support test failure troubleshooting in various relevant pipelines
- Support troubleshooting of customer reported scale and performance bugs and close the test coverage loop
- Partner with other performance engineers and developers to develop best practices, author blogs and white papers, and present internally, at conferences, and directly to partners and customers
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in performance engineering
- 2+ years of experience with systems engineering and software development
- Deep knowledge of and experience working with Kubernetes
- Proven Kubernetes diagnostic experience
- Strong analytical and programming skills (Python and/or Java preferred)
- Strong understanding of OS fundamentals (Mac/ Linux/ Windows)
- Proven expertise in troubleshooting OS level performance issues
- Understanding of cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to lead discussions
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and great attention to detail
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level SaaS environment
- Security Experience a plus
- Experience with AWS, open source tools such as Kafka, Terraform, Spinnaker, InfluxDB, Elasticsearch a plus
- Good understanding of virtualization is a plus
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, a company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - career growth, enhanced by learning and development program
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program,
- sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre employment screening process before you join.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top