Sales Specialist Avi Networks
Position - Senior Sales Specialist/Regional Sales Manager
· Reports to a Regional Director,
· Responsible for a quarterly booking target for the NSX Advanced Load Balancer (Avi Networks) including packaged services and education offerings
· You will drive and participate in numerous customer meetings per week (especially initial meetings), either through your own prospecting efforts or the efforts of the greater team
· You will work closely with multiple VMware and Dell EMC Account Executives to maximize VMware bookings in their assigned geography. This will include end-user sales, 1 to many Partner and Customer events and enablement
· You will work closely with Dell EMC and VMware Leadership and top Executives/Sellers across your territory
· You will work closely with the VMware Channel/Partner Organization to develop a strong and dependable partner ecosystem that can sell.
· You'll be expected to support Dell Technologies in complex opportunities requiring direct VMware sales assistance.
Are you an experienced end user focussed sales person used to selling innovative and next generation technologies? Are you motivated to achieve and exceed quarterly targets? Do you work effectively with personnel cross functionally and across all levels of business within complex organizations? Do you have demonstrated proficiency in Data Centre infrastructure products and technologies and understand and can explain how the environment is evolving? On top of these qualities, we are also looking for:
· 7+ years of end user focussed selling experience in a fast paced, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment.
- Strong rolodex of contacts for the top end of the enterprise and Service Provider markets and strong experience of selling to these accounts
· You have a history of influencing others to see your point of view at multiple levels within an end user organisation
· You possess strong leadership skills and can build a complex Partner and End-User sales strategy to achieve both short- and long-term goals and bookings targets.
· You are able and willing to prospect and drive both 'Whitespace' and 'Wallet share' selling motions in your assigned geographies
· You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and are comfortable discussing next generation software defined data centre strategies and infrastructure technologies on a high level technical basis, but also around business transformation
· You can analyse available data and generate business results, which are best for VMware, the customer, and the combined Dell EMC / VMware effort.
· You have a history or expressed capability of coordination within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Systems Engineers, Specialists, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel Management to ensure target quotas as achieved and exceeded.
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
· History of selling for a large corporate sales organization
· 7+ years' sales experience in the data centre industry driving change and innovation
· Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
· Highly trusted and committed individual who maintains and expect high standards for self and team.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top