Sales Director, VMware Tanzu SEA & Korea
- Ponca City, OK
The Director of Sales Vmware Tanzu is an inspirational leader focused on continued growth across all the Tanzu portfolio of products. He/She will lead, steer and scale VMware's Tanzu Sales operations and business across SEA & Korea, ensuring that sales, pre-sales, marketing, consulting and channel operations co-operate in facilitating effective coverage and identifying business opportunities, while effectively teaming and collaborating with the wider VMW businesses in the region, to maximize the coverage and opportunities for Vmware. This role consequently represents a unique opportunity to play a major part in the success of Tanzu as a whole. We are therefore seeking a truly exceptional leader who will thrive in building, leading and managing first-line leaders and their teams across SEA.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Accountable for delivering revenue and services bookings and margins
- Drive market share growth for Tanzu by driving consumption expansion Enterprise and commercial accounts, and coverage expansion in a highly leveraged model for New Logos acquisition
- Develop strategies to promote thought leadership in the market
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key customers and partners
- Rapidly understand VMware, its direct markets, channels and resources and assess quickly where additional support and emphasis is required.
- Define & implement the GTM strategy for each sector of this market-leading business, including Enterprise sales - a strategy to maximize every sales opportunity supported by a structure that allows VMware to form strategic partnerships with customers on an ongoing basis.
- Recruit and develop a world class sales team capable of selling a complex software stack in a solution selling model.
- Lead and co-ordinate on a region wide basis the activities of pre-sales (systems engineering), consulting (post-sales/implementation/professional services), channel managers and marketing, working with functional leaders to ensure the right skills and resources are made available in support of APJ sales activity.
- Acts as a business partner with corporate functions including: Finance, Deal Desk, Legal Sales Operations, Global Support Services, Renewals and Human Resources.
- Ensure operational tools such as forecasting systems (Salesforce) are properly implemented, drive a weekly forecasting process to provide visibility to VMware's leadership of sales pipeline status and potential to achieve target bookings, as well as upside and downside risks to achieving target bookings.
- Engage with Product Group leaders and other key business stakeholders to align on business goals and provide feedback on what will be required for successful execution against our bookings targets.
- Lead by example and create and sustain a performance-driven culture, built on professionalism, teamwork, and creativity.
- Understanding and experience in modern applications, data center infrastructure, virtualization, Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry containers, developer community, open source, cloud applications.
- Proven track record of owning P/L, building and growing subscription license revenues with specialist sales teams operating in a matrixed management, in global software organizations.
- Strong Sales Operational experience in managing the region's numbers, forecasts, pipeline and opportunities, in alignment with vmware's regional and Tanzu forecast process.
- Experience building and leading teams across a complex, multicultural and diverse markets in South East Asia.
- C-Level Exposure and contact base with customers in South East Asia.
- Experience of driving and shaping large commercial and contractual negotiations with a complex set of customers.
- Customer and Partner focused with a flexible, adaptable and versatile approach. Able to build relationships at all levels of an organization with specific focus at C level.
- Builds strong internal relationships with peers and subordinates within Vmware, while effectively balancing regional team goals with corporate goals.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top