Sales Director, Tanzu Greater China
- Beijing, China
Sales Director, Tanzu Greater China
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2019 revenues of nearly $9.0 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 24,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
At its best, VMware is a place, where we are valued for the complete people we are, where extraordinary progress is achieved for ourselves, our teams, our company, our customers, and our communities - and where even more progress is desired and expected. VMware is a powerful platform for all of who we are - individual, colleague, pioneer, citizen - a place where empowerment, accountability, and responsibility become the traits of ownership, and where each of us can own our future and achieve success through our own actions, on our terms.
The overwhelming emphasis of the Greater China Sales Leader for VMW Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) is inspirational sales leadership and operational management for continued growth across all products under the Tanzu umbrella. The Sales Leader will lead and scale VMware's Tanzu sales operations across Greater China, ensuring that sales, pre-sales, marketing, consulting and channel operations co-operate in facilitating effective coverage and identifying business opportunities, while effectively teaming and collaborating with the wider VMW businesses in Greater China to maximize the coverage and opportunities for VMW in Greater China. This role consequently represents a unique opportunity to play a major part in the success of VMware Greater China and Asia Pacific as a whole. We are therefore seeking a truly exceptional person who will thrive in building, leading, managing and influencing a high performance direct and indirect sales teams, TeamTanzu.
The Sales Leader will report directly to the Tanzu Sales Leader for Asia Pacific and Japan, with matrixed reporting into the leader for VMW Greater China. And expected to be a collaborative team player and a trusted advisor to the VMW Greater China Leadership Team in pursuit of the high growth modern applications platform market.
· Proven track record of owning P/L, building and growing subscription license revenues with specialist sales teams operating in a matrixed management MNC.
· Experience building and leading direct and indirect sales teams across Greater China
· C Level Exposure and contact base with customers and partners in China
· Experience of driving and shaping large commercial and contractual negotiations with a complex set of customers with international reach.
· Customer and Partner focused with a flexible, adaptable and versatile approach. Able to build relationships at all levels of an organization with specific focus at C level.
· Builds strong internal relationships with peers and subordinates within VMW Greater China and Tanzu APJ teams, while strongly focused on delivering results
· Degree Level Education.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Accountable for delivering the Tanzu ACV and New Logo targets, subscription revenue and services bookings and margins for Tanzu Greater China.
• Drive marketshare growth for Tanzu platform by driving consumption expansion in Global and Enterprise accounts, and coverage expansion in a highly leveraged model for New Logos acquisition
• Be a strong team player on the VMW Greater China Leadership Team
• Develop strategies to promote thought leadership in the market
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with key customers and partners
• Rapidly understand VMware Greater China, its direct markets, channels and resources and assess quickly where additional support and emphasis is required.
• Define & implement the GTM strategy for each sector of this market-leading business, including Enterprise sales - a strategy to maximize every sales opportunity supported by a structure that allows VMware to form strategic partnerships with customers on an ongoing basis.
• Recruit and develop a solid specialist sales team capable of selling a complex software stack in a solution selling model.
• Lead and co-ordinate on a region wide basis the activities of pre-sales (systems engineering), consulting (post-sales/implementation/professional services), channel managers and marketing, working with functional leaders to ensure the right skills and resources are made available in support of Greater China sales activity.
• Acts as a business partner with APJ and Greater China functions including: Finance, Deal Desk, Legal Sales Operations, Global Support Services, Renewals and Human Resources.
• Ensure operational tools such as forecasting systems (Salesforce) are properly implemented, drive a weekly forecasting process to provide visibility to VMware's leadership of sales pipeline status and potential to achieve target bookings, as well as upside and downside risks to achieving target bookings.
• Lead by example and create and sustain a performance-driven culture, built on integrity, professionalism, teamwork, and creativity.
"This position is eligible for JoinTeamTanzu referral campaign"
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top