SaaS Platform Manager
- Bengaluru, India
Job Posting Title: SaaS Platform Manager
- Job Description
VMware's globally distributed infrastructure platform is built using a combination of industry-standard open-source solutions and internally developed applications and is backed by the Kubernetes eco-system running on public cloud providers. The platform powers VMware's largest SaaS products in production, including VMware Cloud on AWS. The Software Engineering team is responsible for building compelling, value add services on top of Kubernetes to internal VMware engineering teams
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
We aim to provide the most robust, secure, compliant and compelling turn key solution running on a Kubernetes platform with full SRE support. We need someone who can collaborate with technical leads spanning Software Engineering, Architecture, Site Reliability Engineering, Compliance and work with our internal engineering customers to achieve our objectives.
This manager will need to be cognizant of their team's goals and build out specialized plans for individuals to have opportunities for personal/professional growth as well as keeping the team on track with deadlines and milestones for the overall project.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- You will develop a good understanding of the culture, domain, product, mission, processes and to contribute actively and add value to the setup.
- You will participate in softwareto support long term maintainability and extensibility of code, as well as high quality and well-documented code in an automated CI and Test environment.
- You will ensure that all process are clearly defined and followed and ensure our platform maintains our agreed upon SLO's
- You will be expected to participate in product roadmap planning
- Ensure your team is building reliable, scalable, and secure code utilizing terraform and golang.
- You will be expected to contribute and execute tactical plan needed to achieve the short-term targets with long term goals in mind.
- You will be expected to remove roadblocks, big and small, to ensure our most precious resources, engineers, can get their work done efficiently.
- You will organize a group of people to be laser focused on a mission and ensure that team meets and exceeds expectations.
- You will build measurable goals with your teams and direct reports and ensure they meet or exceed them.
- Understand your team's velocity and provide commitments to leadership on timelines for delivery of features.
- Facilitate blameless retrospectives to help enable our learning culture and improve the reliability of our platform
- Participate as an on-call rotation escalation
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for this role is Tom O'Rourke, Senior Manager VMware Developer Platform Team, Cloud Services Business Unit. Tom joined VMware as part of the DynamicOps acquisition in late 2012 where he was the technical founder. His experience comes from working in systems engineering, as a technical lead, and managing Engineering teams.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top