About our team:
Come be part of VMware's Research Group (VRG)! We bring production to the VeRGe of research and research to the VeRGe of production. By establishing a dedicated research group, VMware reinforces its long tradition of research focus and academic reach. It continues a history of cutting-edge technology innovation and a culture of technical leadership and market disruption. VRG aims to build a culture of deep and meaningful relationships between academic research and the rest of the company and to maintain deep interaction and collaboration by recruiting top-notch researchers who are keen to drive impact.
Here you can learn more about us- VMware Research Group - https://research.vmware.com/
The primary responsibilities of a researcher include:
- Conducting basic and applied research on important and challenging open problems in computer science. You define and drive research projects, either on their own or in collaboration with peer researchers and/or technologists. The resultant work should be of publishable quality in top research forums.
- Engagement with the academic and broader research community.
- There will be strong engagement with VMware's product teams and customers. Our researchers actively promote and seek out applications for their work within VMware. They participate in internal forums, partner with technologists in the Company's business units, etc.
- You should have a Ph.D. (or expect to complete one before beginning employment) in computer science, electrical engineering, statistics, mathematics, or equivalent field
- You also required to have an established research track record demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed venues such as top journals and conferences, as well as by letters of recommendation.
- The ability to define and pursue original research agendas with significant impact on both VMware and the research community is a requirement, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to collaborate effectively both with other researchers and product teams within VMware.
- Your deep technical expertise in your research area.
- Researchers in the systems space should be passionate about and have a consistent record for building stuff people use --- prototypes, open source code, etc. Researchers with algorithms and/or theory expertise should have a track record of collaborating effectively with systems builders.
- A clear, bold and compelling vision of the next research breakthrough they want to work on at VMware and how to get started towards it. This should include the ability to inspire and enlist others in their quest.
- Ability to collaborate effectively both with other researchers and with product team technologists within VMware.
- Demonstrated ability to generate new ideas and innovate.
- Research track record including peer-reviewed research publications
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top