Regional NSX Sales Manager, Southeast Asia and Korea
- Ponca City, OK
The NSX Regional Sales Manager, Southeast Asia and Korea (SEAK) will lead a team of NSX Sales Specialist located in the SEAK region and help direct an extended team of presales engineers focused on helping our customers improve their software defined networking and security strategy. The NSX sales team is a Solution Specialist team who will work closely with VMware's Core Field and Partner organizations to achieve success and manage interactions with our existing customers.
NSX enables customers' virtual cloud network to connect and protect applications across data center, multi-cloud, bare metal, and container infrastructure. VMware NSX Data Center delivers a complete L2-L7 networking and security virtualization platform - providing you with the agility, automation, and dramatic cost savings that come with a software-only solution
We are looking for a dynamic leader with a proven track record of at least 5 years in building, coaching, teams in a startup or a small unit within a larger entity. An individual contributor who is interested in moving into management is welcomed to apply. Our team needs someone who truly believes, and can demonstrate, they work for the team. Our customers who are evaluating cutting edge technologies in a rapidly changing environment like containers want to meet with sales teams who are the experts in the space, not just at the art of negotiation, but more importantly the art of discovering and creating value for VMWare in the customer's journey.
- Hands-on Leader. Bring your "A Game" to drive a focused plan to help VMW navigate both internal and external opportunities & challenges to scale a team that's akin to a startup within a very large organization.
- Data driven approach to build a repeatable sales model. Proven examples from the past would help.
- Predictable Forecasting is a key tenet of success. Help your team provide accurate data to enable both - accurate forecasts, more importantly predicting future growth by looking at current quarterly numbers.
- Effective, regular communications on the business and its progress. Bring examples and references of what few things matter to track progress, that help report on and motivate teams.
- Doing more, directing less. Lead by example on meetings, customer interactions, following up and ensuring the 'steps to close' matter more than just the 'who we know & what they told us'.
- 8+ years of experience in related software industry, with at least 5 years of SaaS and/or subscription software sales experience
- Experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- Experience in sales campaigns that include sales executives, multiple specialists and overlays, field and inside sales teams
- Can operate in large, complex, matrixed organizations
- Experience selling networking, firewalls, application delivery controllers and security solutions.
- Building and managing a predictable sustained growth model that is cost-effective
- Proven metrics to track performance and productivity of the team. Be prepared to show examples & data of what key elements would be needed to track that constitute a high performant team.
- Able to own a high-volume, transactional business with many deals being developed and closed at a time as well as few large opportunities. Balance the large with the small and the channel routes to market
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI, Hybrid Cloud, Network Security and Application Optimisation solutions.
- Advanced skills in strategic and value selling, including managing six and seven figure transactions
- Success winning net new accounts, as well as selling into white space within existing install base
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top