- Sofia, Bulgaria
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
Are you passionate about building and maintaining great teams? Are you inspired by innovation? It's this combination of gusto and analytical skills we need. If you have led a team to product completion & further supported it in production for multiple releases, then you are invited to apply.
VMware is looking for an Engineering Manager for work 2.0 initiatives for Workspace ONE where you will have opportunity to shape future of digital workspace. This team focuses on building set of services and applications for future ready workforce and workplaces.
Why we're excited about you:
· You care deeply about building and maintaining great teams.
· You are a technologist, with a deep curiosity, passion and build great products.
· You have a deep technical understanding as well as a deep knowledge of the business domains you lead.
· You inspire people around you to do their best.
· People seek you out for advice on people, process and technology matters.
· You are an expert at removing roadblocks, big and small, to ensure our most precious resources, engineers, can get their work done efficiently.
· You build measurable project plans using traditional or agile methods and more importantly teach people to do the same. You ensure those plans align with business goals.
· You organize a group of people to be laser focused on a mission and ensure that team meets and exceeds expectations.
· You build measurable goals with your teams and direct reports and ensure they meet or exceed them.
· You drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the software development life-cycle.
· You communicate good news and bad news early and often.
· You build a good working relationship with teams outside of engineering.
· 3-5 years as a Software Development Manager with multiple direct reports
· 5-7 years as a Software Development Engineer
· Proven expertise in Agile development
· Experience delivering SaaS applications
· Hands on experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery methods and practices
· Deep understanding of Cloud Computing principles and practices
· Experience in delivering highly scalable products.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
This position is eligible for JoinWorkspaceONE referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top