Quality Automation Engineer
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Carbon Black is looking for motivated engineers to help grow our quality efforts across the R&D organization. This is a key software development position with a new and growing team, so your efforts will have a noticeable impact to both the company and product. We are excited to find candidates who have a passion for high quality software, enjoy collaborating with other teams, and are methodical problem solvers.
You'll be joining a talented team of DevOps focused software engineers working on distributed systems, CI/CD pipelines, and automated build, test, and deployment infrastructure. You'll not only get to experience owning, leading, and guiding an engineering effort to drive quality for CB ThreatHunter, but you'll also benefit from a highly supportive, cooperative team using the latest in cloud, serverless and container orchestration technologies.
Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you'll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years. Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. You'll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, or playing in the cloud. Here, the engineering opportunities are endless. Within this fast-paced, collaborative organization, you'll work to ensure customer success by contributing to products that protect customers' dearest assets.
• Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability and maintainability (Clean Code, Test Pyramid).
• Expand our existing test automation framework and test coverage.
• Develop new tests and tools for our frontend, backend APIs, and services.
• Work with the product team and other development teams to understand how new features should be tested, and then engage them in contributing automated and discovery testing.
• Work with engineers to define and implement mechanisms to inject testing earlier into the software development process.
• Analyze complex software systems and collaborate with others to improve the overall design, testability and quality.
• Strive for the fastest feedback possible. Test parallelization should be a top priority. You see distributed systems as a core challenge of good test automation infrastructure.
• Configure automated tests to execute reliably and efficiently in CI/CD environments.
• Track test gaps, quality, and productivity metrics in an automated manner. Work with other engineering teams to improve gaps from this data.
• 5+ years of experience as a Quality or DevOps engineer
• Strong experience developing in Python, Go and/or Java
• Experience using test automation tools, performance testing, and discovery testing
• Experience with AWS (We leverage VPC, S3, EC2, ECS, RDS, DynamoDB, Kinesis)
• Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, Travis, GitLab)
• Experience with containers and container orchestration tools like ECS and Kubernetes
• Experience with Ansible Automation or other configuration management tools
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top