PSO Senior Project Manager
- Madrid, Spain
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning virtualized datacenter. The PSO Organization includes Consulting Services, Advisory Services, Project Management, Education Services and Technical Account Management (TAM) Services. A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced customer facing hands on Project Manager to join our growing project delivery practice, focusing on complex Cloud and Mobility projects. The role will largely focus on complex single projects, or on multiple projects, up to 2 million Euro services value. The successful individual will have significant experience in managing Cloud, Infrastructure or Virtualization types of engagements, and will be highly proficient in change management, and managing the scope of projects. He or she will also be used to managing virtual teams and will come from a background where the focus will have been on technology oriented projects. The Project Manager supports the Engagement Manager in the areas of delivery engagement quality, revenue forecasting and customer satisfaction.
Madrid based role managing projects throughout the Iberia Region with up to 50% travel
- Manages one or more projects with a combined value of up to 2 million Euro
- Manage the delivery of engagements within the constraints of schedule, scope, and budget
- Provide project oversight, leadership, and customer relationship management
- Monitor and reporting on all aspects of their projects including progress, project profitability, forecasted hours, risks, communications and escalations
- Maintains a high level technical knowledge of the VMware Cloud and Mobility software stack. (Full training and enablement provided)
- Working with the Resource Managers to ensure that your projects have the best people with the right skills and at the right time
- Contributes to development and maintenance of VMware PMO standards, processes, and best practices
- Stays current on VMware services and solution offerings
Required skills and attributes:
- Considerable experience in customer-facing positions in a professional services firm, preferably with an IT software, management consulting, or "Big 5" consulting organization
- Proven medium and large scale project management experience of external customers
- Proven experience of successfully managing multiple projects
- Literate (able to write credible documents) and numerate (confident with calculating costs and margins)
- Intimate knowledge of change management, risk management, setting up and initiating projects
- Has a technical appreciation and is "hands on"
- Able to get on with all levels of people and a good influencer
- Use of formal project management tools (e.g., MS-Project, Visio, etc.)
- Strong analytical as well as organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Project management certification (GPM/PMI/PRINCE2)
- Experience managing/leading projects involving the deployment of core VMware virtualization products
- Scrum master certification or similar hands-on experience
Desirable skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a client facing consulting role delivering virtualization services will be advantageous
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent training /experience
Equal Opportunities Statement
We truly believe in the Power of Human Difference. At VMware, we celebrate our people from a wide variety of dynamic backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We deliver transformative IT solutions by building a community that is inclusive and diverse. The passion and collaboration you will find in joining the team is what makes this opportunity one of the most attractive in the market.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top