Project Manager - Professional Services Organization
Why work for VMware PSO?
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. We are committed to the satisfaction and success of the customer and their SDDC strategy. We ensure that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning virtualized datacenter.
We are dedicated to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with an enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in your area of interest. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a fun, dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced customer facing hands on Project Manager to join our growing project delivery practice, focusing on complex Cloud and Mobility projects. The role will largely focus on complex projects, or on multiple projects. You will have significant experience in handling Cloud, Infrastructure or Virtualization types of engagements, and will be highly proficient in change management, and owning the scope of projects. You will also be used to running virtual teams and will come from a background where the focus will have been on technology oriented projects. The Project Manager supports and reports to the Singapore-based Engagement Manager in the areas of delivery engagement quality, revenue forecasting and customer satisfaction.
- You will run one or more projects with a mix of project complexities
- You will lead the delivery of engagements within the constraints of schedule, scope, features/functionality, and budget
- You will provide project oversight, leadership, and customer relationship management
- You will monitor and reporting on all aspects of their projects including progress, project profitability, forecasted hours, risks, communications and critical issues
- You will maintain a high level technical knowledge of the VMware Cloud and Mobility software stack. (We will provide full training and enablement)
- You will work with the Engagement Manager and Delivery Manager to ensure that your projects have the best people with the right skills and at the right time
- Contribute to development and maintenance of VMware PMO standards, processes, and standard methodologies
- Stay current on VMware services and solution offerings
- At least 5+ years experience in customer-facing positions in professional services in a vendor environment.
- Considerable experience in customer-facing positions in a professional services firm, preferably with an IT software, management consulting, or "Big 5" consulting organization
- Validated medium and large scale project management experience of external customers
- Shown experience of successfully handling and managing multiple projects
- Able to write credible documentation and confident with calculating costs and margins
- Intimate knowledge of change management, risk management, setting up and initiating projects
- Has a technical appreciation and is "hands on"
- The ability to get on with all levels of people and be a good influencer
- Use of formal project management tools (e.g. MS-Project, Visio, Smartsheets, JIRA, etc.)
- Strong analytical as well as organizational skills with an ability to manage opposing client demands
- Project management certification (PMP/PRINCE2 or equivalent) is preferred
- G50 clearance by Singapore government [optional, good to have]
- Ability to travel up to 25% percent of the time, including international
- Experience managing/leading projects involving the deployment of core VMware virtualization products
- Previous experience in a client facing consulting role delivering virtualization services
- Bachelors or Masters Degree or equivalent training /experience
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top