Project Manager, PMO WWRACE Operations
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
VMWare is seeking is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented project manager for driving strategic global enablement programs for our products and solutions Business Unites. Reporting to the Senior Manager PMO, Global Field & Partner Readiness, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing projects as designed to drive sales time to productivity; inclusive of global strategic solutions impacting our global field and partner audiences.
VMware has a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment and will require the ability to build relationships and respond to top business priorities by helping to implement sales enablement programs in a repeatable and scalable fashion. The ideal candidate is located in the San Francisco Bay Area and is results-oriented, collaborative, assertive, proactive, influential and organized; and is committed to delivering impactful outcomes in a team environment.
This role will interact with supporting Global teams, and work with stakeholders who are spread across different GEOs such as Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific. The position requires a self-starter with robust project management skills, great communications and presentation skills, and the ability to understand the sales process and work with a variety of stakeholders in the Enablement Readiness Centers of Excellence to solicit their input, requirements and feedback.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Intake assessment, manage and track project requests from BU, COEs, Sales Leadership, Programs, cross-functional teams.
- Capture and identify project scope, impact, tracking, and reporting
- Global enablement project management functions across assess, plan, build and execution phases for VMware enablement programs
- Manage cross-functional team engagement, requests and service delivery schedules of content, operations and learning platforms
- Drive critical project management gates and phases to achieve alignment of execution deliverables and commitment to outcomes
- Manage the development, delivery and execution of sales, technical, and partner training projects and programs leveraging multiple delivery mechanisms and learning platforms
- Facilitate and lead weekly planning sessions, maintaining communications of project and program status, and overall project and program plan of records with stakeholders
- Understanding of learning metrics and importance of capturing key learner insights tied to critical business measures
- 10+ years of project management experience in a learning or enablement organization focused on field sales and partner programs.
- Adept at project and change management
- Great leadership skills and stakeholder management
- Proven experience planning, creating and deploying successful training and enablement projects and programs.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple on-going projects.
- Excellent management skills-- training, planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution is required.
- Ability to anticipate program needs and provide data-driven status updates which drive decision making; address issues, risks and mitigation plans which identify owners and actions clearly.
- Proven experience working with high-performing teams across multiple geographies and functions.
- Ability to flourish in a dynamic and fast-paced environment requiring quick decision making ability
- Must have strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills in order to initiate, lead, manage and conduct project activities, handle conflict resolution and drive consensus with a variety of management levels, and disciplines.
- Multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills must be strong due to the variety of tasks to be accomplished and the fast pace required to deliver successful briefings.
- Exceptional project management skills-- training, planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution is required.
- Clear, professional, and concise communications (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience with WebEx, ZOOM, PowerPoint and Excel, Smartsheet, MS Project required
- BS/BA degree
- PMP certification
- Eagerness to translate high-level business objectives into actions
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives
- Experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage
Home Office - Anywhere in the United States
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top