Program Manager, Professional Services
The Program Manager will manage a portfolio of engagements and/or multi-phased projects for a single enterprise or global customer. The person in this role can take a highly complex program with multiple phases, interrelated work streams, and different stakeholders and manage it holistically. The Program Manager is the single point of contact for the entire program of work and will have other project manager(s) reporting to him/her. The Program Manager has revenue and margin responsibility and is a client facing role. Success KPI's for this role will include:
- High Customer satisfaction score
- Revenue and margin achievement for the Program
- Demonstratable account growth through Project Change Requests and Opportunity Identification
- Team and individual billable utilization
- Delivering a positive business outcome to our key Global and Enterprise customers while managing VMware consultants, Subcontracting partners and Project Managers
- Engaging proactively with executive level key customer stakeholders
- Successful technical and commercial escalation management
- Coaching and mentor Project Managers in managing overall project risks and taking corrective action in a proactive manner to mitigate those risks
- Providing clear and timely communication regarding the status of the program - schedule, budget, progress to date, risks etc. to relevant stakeholders
- Engaging with Sales and Account teams to support them in identifying and driving account growth opportunities
- Represent VMware PS delivery on customer and third-party program steering committees
- You demonstrate strong leadership and effective decision making and are not afraid to do things differently to achieve the necessary outcomes - think out-of-the-box, and define standards
- You are structured, organized and understand the importance of regularly and sometimes overly communicating to key stakeholders including at C level
- You are adept at conflict management / resolution to ensure positive working relationships and project productivity.
- You love to input to continuous improvement of project delivery processes - methodology, best practices, efficiencies etc.
- Influences / drives recognition & rewards for project team members
- You set the standard with regard to reaching agreement in challenging or unique situations
- You are known for able to handle objections and foresee and avoid conflicts.
- You have the ability to take a holistic view of a situation and provide direction to VMware Executive stakeholders on the right course of action to take
- At least 15 years of infrastructure management experience 10 of which should be in an external customer facing role as a Senior Project Management, Program Manager or Service Delivery Manager
- Proven successful management of $2M+ fixed fee / fixed outcome solutions to time, customer expectation and budget.
- Excellent communications, conflict management and interpersonal skills
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- PMP® or PRINCE2 certification strongly recommended, PgMP® preferred
- The role requires travel as you will be working with Nordics and Benelux customers however you may be required to work UK customers should the need arise
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top