- Bangalore, India
VMware's a fast pace, rapidly growing environment, and will require flexibility to roll up sleeves to participate in various roles to deliver success! Our Project Manager will primarily be responsible for aggregating, prioritizing and working with key business customers and IT teams to deliver enhancements in a portfolio/roadmap model to support VMware's growing business and optimized systems/processes.
This role will primarily be responsible for working on SaaS portfolio of transformation initiatives and programs from concepts to delivery, working with R&D, IT and business functional units across the value chain to support VMware's growing business needs.
This role will lead key initiatives around the following areas, with demonstrated expertise required in at least three of the following processes as it pertains to the SaaS business lifecycle:
- Key Processes: Understanding of SaaS business processes, lifecycles of various enterprise entities, implementation of these within business application systems:
- Idea to Offering
- Demand to Quote
- Order to Fulfillment
- Invoice to cash
- Issue to resolution
- Record to report
- Procure to pay
- Hire to retire
This role would need to have a strong understanding of Agile Project Management practices, having been in positions of managing agile programs. In addition, this key player must be able to drive the overall strategy, planning and execution of key initiatives.
- Planning & Strategy
- Oversee business aspects of project by providing senior guidance in the constructing of project teams, charters, project plans, contingencies, success metrics and ROI measurements
- Work cross-functionally to establish and manage appropriate team structure for successful delivery across impacted organizations.
- Drive the formulation of scope/capabilities most impactful to business with a clear roadmap of incremental features to be implemented over a defined time period.
- Project Execution
- Well-grounded in agile practices, having clear understanding of the roles applicable in executing an agile program, iterative implementations and the phases it goes through.
- Comfortable with the use of tools employed for agile programs like JIRA/Rally, Confluence, Slack etc. for program management.
- Strong understanding of Epics and user story management, tracking and reporting.
- Drive definition of business solution concepts in partnership with IT and business constituents
- Align program with other VMware initiatives and manage cross project dependencies
- Recommend and manage the alignment and prioritization of initiatives based on business strategy and simplification to meet key objectives
- Drive cross functional implementation of policies and procedures
- Stakeholder/Cross-Functional Team Management
- Establish a clear RACI around project roles and responsibilities.
- Manage cross-functional global teams (IT, business, 3rd party vendors, etc.) in a matrix management framework
- Ensure successful working relationships among project teams
- Create an environment of success to enable confident project execution by project teams
- Represent and speak to Senior business leaders and stakeholders to ensure we are delivering strategic value across the overall program.
- Change Management & Communications
- Facilitate change management and communication planning activities through project lifecycle
- Drive regular forums to update business communities and steering committee on progress, status and issues
- Risk/Issue Management
- Foresee, manage, and raise appropriate visibility to risks and issues.
- Drive resolution of any conflicts and escalate as needed to avoid roadblocks
- Help in establishing standards for program management (monitoring and governance) including processes, appropriate project controls, methodologies, metrics, reporting, and tools to ensure the development and use of program/project management
Qualifications & Experience:
- BS/BA degree in Business; MBA or Masters (preferred)
- 7+ years project related work experience
- 5+ years' experience leading major Programs/Projects in a complex, global corporate setting
- 3+ years' experience in a complex, global PM organization
- Project Management or Agile certification equivalent preferred
- Demonstrate good broad working knowledge of support organizations and culture
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors and the partner community
- Must be a self-starter, motivated individual who works well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to drive collaboration with executives, business and technical teams to achieve effective solutions
- Outgoing and comfortable building cross-functional relationships
- Effective communication skills with all levels of management
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment and open to new concepts and/or processes
- Conflict resolution and negotiations skills to resolve disagreements quickly and effectively, bringing a problem-solving attitude to conflicting approaches and priorities involving others
- Project Management and SDLC lifecycle experience
- Ability to think strategically
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top