Product Manager - VMware Tanzu - Tanzu Security, Identity & Authentication
- San Francisco, CA
Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware's new exciting Modern Applications Platforms Business Unit (MAPBU) team, made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customers' entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
We're looking for a passionate Product Manager who knows how to define, validate and communicate product vision and strategy. You have seen the power of empowered, balanced teams and believe in Outcomes over Output [video]. You have strong product instincts, but more importantly have an appreciation for and understanding of lean startup, agile and user-centered design values, principles and practices. You are excited by the user and business value that technology can unlock. You thrive in a complex ecosystem, collecting, sharing and synthesising input from many directions and enabling your team to continuously deliver customer value. You believe in doing the right thing and doing what works.
To learn more about Tanzu watch this video. #teamtanzu
We believe that teams should spend more of their time delivering incremental value and less on building infrastructure. We're building platforms, tools, and automation, including Tanzu Application Service, Tanzu Kubernetes Grid, and Tanzu Mission Control, to enable our customers to easily and confidently develop and run the software that powers their business. Hundreds of companies rely on our platform to meet the needs of millions of their customers. Our engineers embrace Extreme Programming (XP) as a way to go fast forever and deliver remarkable results. Our product managers and product designers work side-by-side with our engineers in small, empowered teams, using Lean and UCD as guides. We measure success by making our customers more productive, as both software developers and platform operators. We spend time with our customers to understand and build empathy for the jobs that they need to get done.
You will be working in the Identity and Auth group to help drive outcomes for our customers and internal teams delivering value to VMware Tanzu. The Identity and Auth group's mission is to create cohesion between products in the Tanzu portfolio by delivering a common identity and auth experience that prioritizes security, interoperability and low-effort management at scale.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaboratively defining and driving a product's strategy, vision and roadmap
- Defining and prioritizing a product backlog that continuously delivers measurable value towards the vision
- Working with a team to discover customer problems and drive product definition, design and prototyping process to create valuable, desirable and feasible solutions
- Evangelizing a product to teams, partners and users of our platforms
- Actively engaging customers and the larger open source community of users
- Helping innovate and iterate on agile PM processes and share insights
- 5+ years product management experience, especially with large scale, distributed products
- Able to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions focused on important customer needs
- Experience developing or integrating with identity and access management systems, ideally for enterprise products
- Working knowledge of IAM specifications and protocols, e.g. OAuth, OIDC, mTLS, etc.
- Experience making product prioritization decisions based on security impact
- Focused on data-driven approaches to solving problems, and accelerating the learning process to validate solutions
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and other partners
- Experience with Lean and User-Centered Design methodologies
- Experience with agile development methodology, ideally Extreme Programming
- Understanding of the IT operations or software development space with a passion for understanding the life of Enterprise IT Operators and Application Developers
- Experience working on enterprise software is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
This position is eligible for JoinTeamTanzu referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top