Product Manager - Data Analytics - Python, SQL, Product Management
- Bangalore, India
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The VMware Cloud Capacity team is responsible for driving all aspects of capacity and related products for VMware Cloud (https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws) globally. This is a multidisciplinary area spanning operations research, financial engineering, cloud operations and business operations -- all powered by data science and software systems. As a Senior Product Manager (Analytics) in the team, you will lead multiple initiatives with a focus on financial analytics.
- Engage with leadership, internal customers, and key stakeholders to understand business needs and challenges
- Work hands on with a team of data scientists and software engineers to plan, prioritize, and build complex analytics and analytics-driven software systems
- Collaborate with partners, the broader PM team, Finance, Cloud Operations, and Customer Success to define, deliver and operationalize new capabilities with a focus on financial analytics
- Make key, impactful decisions with a customer-centric service ownership mindset
- Own multiple capabilities end-to-end including business operations driven by analytics and analytics-driven software
- 2+ years of experience in a product management role ideally in a SaaS and/or cloud context
- Exceptionally strong analytical and quantitative skills with proven proficiency in data-driven decision making
- Strong hands-on data analytics skills with proficiency in SQL, Excel, and data visualization. Experience using Python and pandas for data analysis is highly desired.
- Ability to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure desired
- Service-oriented mindset with a predisposition towards end-to-end ownership
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing data and analytics products in a complex technical and business context
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills characterized by clarity and brevity
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of what's most important
- Providing leadership while never forgetting that you're a team player
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, MBA strongly desired
- Willingness to travel up to 15% time
Back to top