The number of possible attack vectors multiply as the surface area of cloud environments grows and changes. CloudHealth Secure State is a modern multi-cloud security solution. We help customers minimize public cloud security & compliance risk by providing real-time visibility into misconfigurations, threats, resource relationships, & associated risks. Delivered as a SaaS, Secure State helps security teams prioritize issues, collaborate with developers on remediation actions, & verify security proactively within CI/CD processes. We build and operate a distributed and scalable microservices based application that leverages graph data models and machine learning to deliver a next generation cloud security offering.
Role and impact:
As a Sr. Product Manager, you will own for one of the core pillars of the service. You will work collaboratively with our engineering, UX design, and sales teams to create and connect market and user needs with strategy and roadmap. You will act as the "voice of the customer" to ensure delivery is focused on customer value, while taking into account technical aspects required for building and operating a cloud native service.
- Collaboratively define and drive product strategy, vision, and roadmap for a core pillar of Secure State.
- Champion for Secure State throughout VMware. Partner with sales to win new business and gain customer insights.
- Become immersed in the cloud security space and identify areas, trends and opportunities to improve the service.
- Partner with Product Marketing to bring new releases to market.
- Manage and maintain the product backlog of features, engineering and quality aspects for engineering teams focused on various areas of the service such as security incidents, compliance reporting, and integrations with third party alerting and ticketing systems.
- Prioritize complex features across multiple areas of expertise considering quality, resiliency and delivery timeline trade-offs.
- Collaborate with the product team to drive new product definition and design explorations to discover potential new value-added solutions.
- Motivate and inspire engineers to produce superb customer experiences with minimal technical debt while continuously improving work processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
- 5+ years as a product manager building and launching technical products in preferably Cloud, SaaS, or security.
- You have domain experience with security operations or incident response.
- Strategic and critical thinker who can translate ambiguous user problems into market applicable tangible solutions.
- Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in an agile environment.
- Able to operate with autonomy with success influencing cross-functional teams.
- In-depth experience working with Agile development methodologies and applications.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- You have a CISSP, SANS or equivalent certification.
- Experience with ML/ AI, DSLs, cloud automation, APIs, and/ or CI/CD tools.
- Experience with compliance frameworks (e.g. NIST, PCI, SOC2, ISO27001, HIPAA, GDPR).
- Hands-on familiarity with agile infrastructure: public cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba, etc.), Kubernetes and containers, VMware on Cloud.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.