Product Manager - 8+ years, SaaS, Public Cloud
- Bengaluru, India
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Cost Management and Optimization, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. You're looking for an opportunity to work for a company whose software is utilized by 350,000 enterprise and business customers (which includes 98% of Fortune 500) company and significantly impacts every industry. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to help define, build, and deliver a world-class cloud management platform used by enterprises all over the world. We value individuals with a desire to build great software products, a passion for creating real value for customers, the ability to execute in an agile / startup environment, with a collaborative/independent spirit.
You have an analytical mind and a passion for the craft of software engineering. Technologies come and go, but that excites you because of the endless possibilities it creates. You want to understand market/customer context, build detailed requirements that align product solutions closely to customer needs, define phased, iterative execution of requirements, and answer questions as needed in an Agile environment. You're excited to develop deep contextual understanding of our business, our customers, our users and their needs. You are excited to maintain deep knowledge, context, & ownership of the features/components you work on. You're looking for a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers' business objectives. You are passionate to closely work with UX Design function to ensure Superior customer experience sits at the center of your product requirements. You're looking for an opportunity to be on the forefront of the cloud revolution and possess strong analytical skills and the ability to quickly ramp on new technologies in a client facing environment.
What is primary need, challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
CloudHealth manages 11B USD of cloud infrastructure spend right now. Our goal is to double this. We need someone who can quickly build the context of the product, understand the customer and collaborate with existing engineering teams to drive the initiatives.
As part of the platform/multi-cloud-financial-management team you will be involved in directly working with Core Team(s) of engineers to provide market/customer context, write detailed requirements that align product solutions closely to customer needs, define phased, iterative execution of requirements, and answer questions as needed.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- You will be expected to build business context, learn about our customers, understand the Cloud Health Platform.
- You will drive the prioritization of requirements, closely working with UX , engineering stakeholders - driving the project to completion.
- You will be expected to showcase a delivery of a project within the timeframe.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As part of the platform and multi-cloud financial management team, you will:
- Develop deep contextual understanding of our business, our customers, our users, and their needs
- Maintain deep knowledge, context, & ownership of the features/components you work on
- Build & maintain a working understanding of the underlying architecture & designs supporting your primary areas of focus
- Work with Core Team(s) of engineers to provide market/customer context, build detailed requirements that align product solutions closely to customer needs, define phased, iterative execution of requirements, and answer questions as needed
- Work closely with UX Design function to ensure superior customer experience sits at the center of your product requirements
- Collaborate with extended, cross-functional teams on requirements
- Interlock tightly with Product Strategy function in order to build, maintain, and execute a roadmap for your area that supports the overarching platform strategy
- Drive/participate in backlog prioritization process for your Core Team(s)
- Participate in the sprint planning with your Core Team(s), including review of the previous sprint, overview of upcoming sprint, review of new customer enhancements, and any pre-planned discussion items
- Verify readiness of features for release to production, public beta or private beta
- Work with Technical Documentation team to ensure relevant collateral is prepared to support release
- The Ideal Candidate has:
- Experience in a product role for a SaaS product
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, GCP or other major public cloud
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively with people in all roles/teams; technical skills that enable you to engage productively with technical teams
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for this role is Sriram Balasubramanian, Director R&D. Sriram has almost 2 decades of industry experience starting at Sun microsystems and working with VMware for the last 10 years. He has worked for CloudHealth by VMware for over 2 years. Prior to CloudHealth, Sriram led Cost management for vRealize Suite ( vROPS Costing and vRealize Business for Cloud).
Sriram currently leads our R&D Engineering team which consists of 45 engineers focused on multi-cloud financial management, platform and tactical engineering aspects of CloudHealth.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our on-site pantries
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top