Product Management, vRealize Network Insight
- Atlanta, GA
- Boston, MA
- New York, NY
- Raleigh, NC
- Austin, TX
- Dallas, TX
- Chicago, IL
- Palo Alto, CA
- Bellevue, WA
- Reston, VA
- Broomfield, CO
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
VMware vRealize Network Insight (vRNI) delivers intelligent operations for software-defined networking and security. It helps customers build an optimized, highly available and secure network infrastructure across multi-cloud environments. It accelerates application discovery, migration, micro-segmentation planning and deployment; enables visibility, monitoring and troubleshooting across virtual and physical networks, SD-WAN and Hybrid/Public Clouds.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
This senior role will be primarily focused on defining requirements for Network Assurance and Verification and also help with re-defining network monitoring for the Cloud era, translating into real-world use cases and requirements to help troubleshoot applications across virtual, physical and hybrid cloud deployments
Product Managers must possess business acumen as well as technical wherewithal in order to be able to bring features in their product to market. Product Managers must work extensively with customers while working cross functionally with Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Corporate Marketing and Alliance Partners in order to successfully prioritize features and develop the products that customers need.
- Own and define requirements for Network Assurance and Verification / Intent-based Networking features of the product.
- Work with the rest of the product management team to help define requirements for NPMD (including packet analysis) and AIOps
- Identify a variety of customer needs and use this information to define user personas, user stories, use cases, and product requirements for product features.
- Participate in the product feature planning process; ensure that the product feature set meets the requirements of customers and the marketplace.
- Work closely with VMware customers, developers, and key VMware stakeholders including Engineering, Support/Services, Product Management, and Sales.
- Deliver presentations to Sales, Sales Engineering and Customers on the features and benefits of those features at events such as VMworld, Tech Summit, Partner Exchange and other online seminars.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills. An MBA is highly desired.
- At least 8-10 years' work experience in product management, working with a globally distributed team in an Agile SDLC model.
- Experience with VMware, Cisco, Arista, Palo Alto or Checkpoint products and CCIE certification is a big plus.
- Experience with Intent-based Networking and operating a NOC is highly desired
- Ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to present to large audiences (e.g. VMworld)
- Previous experience interacting with and presenting to customers and prospects
- Ability to quickly understand technologies, algorithms, and architecture, and interpret and articulate them into customer-facing implications
- Understanding the needs, scenarios, and common deployments in the enterprise datacenter is highly desirable
- Strong team skills and experience to bring together diverse views
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top