Product Line Marketing Manager
The VMware Cloud Automation product marketing team is seeking a talented Product Line Marketing Manager who will help drive the continued fast-growing of our cloud management portfolio. The VMware Cloud Management Platform product portfolio delivers a comprehensive cloud management platform across private, hybrid, and multi-clouds. We enable customers to ensure performance of their applications and run anything from traditional to containerized Kubernetes workloads. This role is specifically for our cloud automation SaaS product line, VMware vRealize Automation Cloud, and the on-premise version, vRealize Automation, which include VMware Cloud Assembly, VMware Service Broker and VMware Code Stream. In this role you will work with a tightly integrated team and contribute directly to its hyper-growth story.
As a product marketeer, you will drive overall positioning and messaging, marketing content development and sales enablement. You will be responsible crafting and delivering go-to-market plans, communicating our value proposition across solution use cases. You will be a great fit for this role if you have product marketing experience with relevant enterprise software, working closely with sales, marketing, and management functions to deliver products to market; sales and support enablement; and writing of blogs, white papers, and presentations.
Specifically you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the Cloud Automation market for virtual and cloud environments. Identify customer goals, challenges, buying behaviors and sales motions and define the corresponding go-to-market strategies.
- Launch new products and releases, be the key central 'launch owner' coordinating resources across the company
- Work in a great environment to directly influence marketing efforts that lead to sales pipeline expansion
- Create outbound marketing materials including white papers, blogs, presentations, data sheets, web content, social media, sales tools, webinars and training materials
- Collaborate with corporate marketing, digital marketing, solutions marketing, product management, sales, and technical marketing teams on projects to help drive demand, awareness, and pipeline
- Create and deliver sales enablement content
- Support go-to-market planning and execution
- Help support industry events, and conferences
- Support analyst briefings, press briefing, and working with tech evangelists
- BA/BS in Computer Science (or equivalent technical degree), MBA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in technical product marketing in the enterprise software market segment - ideally with IaaS/SaaS/PaaS cloud products
- Proven track record of growing new products into successful businesses, especially for enterprise products
- Subject matter background in the enterprise datacenter and applications software space, especially understanding of virtualization and cloud computing
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to translate technology features into business benefits. Previous experience interacting with and presenting to C-level executives.
- Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking. Demonstrated ability to develop creative / non-traditional solutions.
- Strong leader, self-starter and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time to support events, conferences, or customer engagements
- An experienced presenter who is comfortable presenting to various size audiences both technical and executive
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top