Product Line Manager (VMware Cloud - Tanzu))
Product Line Manager
The VMware Cloud PM team is at the heart of the VMware's flagship product, vSphere. As a Product Line Manager on the team, you will have the overall responsibility for understanding business and company strategy and goals and a wide variety of customer's needs as they relate to aspects of Kubernetes services on the cloud.
You will define product capabilities, drive product requirements, work across engineering, product marketing, and sales teams to deliver a successful product to market. You will also be working extensively with various technology, across different organizations within the company to deliver, grow and expand VMware Cloud penetration in the market.
Product managers are responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning and driving the execution of the vision for their product lines. They must possess business acumen as well as engineering wherewithal in order to be able to strategize, drive and bring their product to market. As a product line manager, you will work extensively with customers, and cross functionally with product marketing, engineering, sales, corporate marketing and alliances to ensure whole product success
Specific responsibilities include:
- Define and drive use cases, user personas, product features/requirements, roadmaps and release plans for product features
- Familiarity and deep knowledge of Kubernetes and Containers.
- Work on the VMware Cloud infrastructure aspects and develop services for VMware Cloud embracing VMware Tanzu ecosystem.
- Lead the integration story with VMware's Tanzu portfolio and address use cases and solutions for the developer community. Drive multi-persona focused integrations targeted for developers
- Understanding of Spring framework to integrate with Java Apps
- Familiarity and be "in the know" about Open Source ecosystem, and define integration with different ecosystem services such as Postgres, Greenplum but not limited to these.
- Lead the product feature planning process; ensure that the product set meets the requirements of use-cases and applications. Work with various outbound teams like product marketing team, technical marketing team, applications experts and broader field teams to ensure customer success and broad adaption of the feature.
- Identify a variety of customer needs across the customer environment, drive feature prioritization and work closely with engineering to deliver successful products
- Understand customer needs and requirements and represent them in concise Product concepts
- Work closely with VMware customers, developers, and key VMware stakeholders including Engineering, Support/Services, Product Management and Sales
- Bring business acumen and analytics capabilities to score the market opportunities and value propositions to executives and business sponsors.
- Understand the market competition for the product set and develop product and competitive positioning
- Support planning, execution, messaging and go-to-market activities
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge
- You have 5-8 years of work experience in product management, product marketing, or equivalent experience in enterprise software technology.
- You have excellent verbal communications skills and are confident presenting to large audiences (e.g. VMworld)
- You have excellent written skills to concisely define and describe product concept from inception to finish.
- You have a familiarity and knowledge around building services in a public cloud
- You have built Kubernetes services and/or have working knowledge of Kubernetes applications in the cloud.
- Your past experience includes interacting with and presenting to customers and prospects.
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of what's most important
- You're capable of quickly understanding technologies, algorithms, and architecture, and interpret and articulate them into customer-facing implications
- Previous experience shows strong team skills and the ability to bring together diverse views
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top