Ready to build? So are we.
Come join VMware's Cloud Marketplace, part of the new and ex-citing Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) team made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run, and manage their most important applications. We help VMware partners publish and distribute their products across multiple platforms. Tight feedback loops drive our processes. We value test-driven development, retrospectives, continuous integration, data-informed decision making, and working at a sustainable pace. We nurture psychological safety within teams and empower them to drive the changes necessary to obtain successful outcomes. We build software and solve problems collaboratively. Teammates are always accessible to lend a helping hand. The marketplace team is distributed around the US, Europe and India.
As a Product Manager of the ISV Onboarding platform, you will be responsible for a product that's purpose built for ISVs to help package, validate and publish developers to boost feature velocity and for operations teams to deliver world-class uptime.
You have seen the power of empowered, balanced teams and believe in Outcomes over Output . You have strong product instincts, but more importantly have an appreciation for and understanding of data-informed decision making, lean startup, agile and user-centered design values, principles, and practices.
You are excited by the user and business value that technology can unlock. You thrive in a complex ecosystem, collecting, sharing, and synthesizing input from many directions and enabling the teams that you work with to continuously deliver customer value. You believe in doing the right thing and doing what works. To learn more about Tanzu watch this video #TeamTanzu
Interested? Here is what we look for:
- You're excited to build processes and tooling that streamlines the software publishing deployment process for ISVs, enabling them to reach a wider audience.
- A strong collaborator who actively fosters safe and inclusive teams. You enjoy mentoring others as much as you like learning from them.
- You work well with others to jointly define and drive product strategy, vision and roadmap while evangelizing to internal stakeholders, partners and users of our product.
- You are well versed in methods to discover customer problems and create valuable, desirable and feasible solutions.
- You enjoy writing user stories and helping the dev team prioritize the backlog in order to continuously deliver measurable value towards the vision with your team.
- You are excited to innovate and iterate on agile PM processes.
- You are excited to engage with customers and the larger open-source community of users.
The following are attributes we see in successful candidates, but they are not "requirements."
You are strongly encouraged to apply even if you don't tick all the boxes because we want to hear from you and learn about what you can bring to the role:
- Ability to break down technically complex customer needs into simple solutions.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others.
- Focused on data-driven approaches to solving problems and accelerating the learning process to validate solutions.
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and other partners.
- Experience with Lean and User-Centered Design methodologies.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of ISVs build and release processes.
- Experience working on enterprise software is a plus. Experience with Kubernetes,
- Cloud Providers and platform automation is a plus.
- Professional experience with relevant domains, such as distributed systems, API design, and release engineering and automation practices.
- Interested in working in diverse and highly collaborative environments.
- Past contribution to thriving open-source communities.
- Familiarity with common development tools/stacks, such as Unix, command-line interfaces, and CI/CD.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.