Product Line Manager- Edge Solutions
- Palo Alto, CA
You will play a critical position in defining and driving the Edge product strategy in the Edge business at VMware - engaging with customers and partners, partnering with R&D teams, and driving VMware product solution execution. Strategic thinking, knowledge of the VMware product portfolio, ecosystem and use cases and clear communication are required for success in this role. You will be working with the respective Engineering, Product Marketing, and go-to-market teams at VMware and Dell tech to drive the successful execution of VMware's and Dell Technologies Edge technology roadmap and strategy. We are looking for your ability to represent Edge customers and the Edge team well in front of senior executives, and the ability to travel internationally.
- You will define customer needs and requirements in coordination with other product managers, marketing, and engineering teams.
- You will incorporate crucial feedback from customers as a key component in product planning and roadmap.
- Develop and drive the VMware Edge product strategy and align it to other VMware products
- You will be responsible for the product solution development process from inception to product delivery. Write PRDs, outline detailed customer use cases, and ensure the successful and timely shipment of VMware's Edge products.
- Evaluate complementary and competitive products, technologies, and solutions to develop a deeper understanding and competitive positioning of the product.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and partners to drive revenue opportunities.
- 6+ years product management experience on a complex and technical software project of significant scope with 8 + years of work experience in technology industry or function
- Expertise on existing Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) or Platform-as-a-Service cloud technologies
- Understanding of Edge use cases and ecosystem, including competitors, partners, and technology solutions will be essential
- Familiarity with recent innovations in software development and operations practices, including continuous integration/continuous deployment.
- Strategic thinker with experience presenting solutions to senior-level audiences
- Strong technical knowledge on enterprise/Edge IT solutions and SDDC
- Strong desire and ability to connect with customers, understand their pain points, and communicate a vision for how VMware products can address those pain points.
- Experience taking early stage products from concept through early go-to-market.
- Strong communication skills across verbal, written, and presented content.
- Deep experience with product lifecycle process & management - from roadmap to execution
- Experience with VMware product portfolio including VMWare SDDC, VSAN, NSX, WS1
- Experience developing or product managing Edge products
- Proven ability to drive cross-functional alignment and execution in new areas with tight timelines
- High energy and comfort working in a dynamic, start-up style environment
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or related technology field
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top