Product Line Manager
- Palo Alto, CA
Business Summary: You've seen the disruption in the IT industry motivated by the cloud, devops, containers and AI/ML. We are transforming the way enterprises run and manage their cloud infrastructure, and adopt ubiquitous automation.
VMware vRealize Automation is the market-leading automation platform that enables self-service multicloud environments. With vRealize Automation, enterprises can increase agility, productivity and efficiency through self-service automation, by reducing the complexity of their IT environment, streamlining IT processes and delivering a DevOps-ready automation platform Job Role and Responsibilities: We're looking for an experienced Senior Product Line Manager to lead the transformation of vRealize Automation. This individual will have responsibility for defining the vRealize Automation product strategy and roadmap for Network, Security, Storage, Compute and Infrastructure automation and governance; working with engineering to build the product; assisting in defining and executing the go to market strategy; and identifying new market opportunities. You will work directly with an engineering team in all facets of day-to-day software development, taking into consideration a variety of partners, business leaders, and customers to evaluate product opportunities for business. In parallel, you will develop and articulate a medium and long-term product strategy as our product line expands. You will be responsible for defining what success means for your products, guiding the team to make investment and divestment decisions, based on business outcomes and objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in IT systems management: capacity planning, troubleshooting and monitoring, automated provisioning, and/or service management
- Experience bringing new, technology products and services to market.
- Experience engaging with customers globally to synthesize feature specifications.
- Ability to work in and drive cross functional teams, including development and UX, to deliver product to market.
- Capable presenter who is comfortable leading face to face customer meetings and presenting to small-medium size audiences.
- Technical depth that lets you understand and earn the respect of exceptional engineers
- Ability to handle a number of concurrent activities with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Proven technical foundation with business perspective. You will be a self-starter who is passionate about product design.
- Experience with IT infrastructure, data center networking and security management.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud platforms, including Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, Microsoft Azure, and/or OpenStack
- Background in rapid SaaS delivery and working with agile teams
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top