- Palo Alto, CA
- Business Summary
Do you want to guide decisions that influence a $7+ billion dollar technology business? Help drive the future at the world leader of cloud infrastructure and business mobility solutions? And work for an employer consistently recognized as one of the best places to work? VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions - from software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace - that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era.
VMware's Global Pricing and Operations team is seeking a Pricing Manager who is passionate about driving pricing strategy and operational execution for VMware's solutions and services. Pricing plays a meaningful role in delivering scalable and sustainable pricing and licensing practices that will enable the company to grow its business.
You will be responsible for VMware's short and long-term pricing strategy and execution for VMware Software-Defined Data Center product and service offerings. Reporting to the Senior Director, Pricing Strategy, you will collaborate with multiple VMware and external organizations including but not limited to sales, finance, product management, channel partners, end customers and market research vendors.
The position requires a well-rounded individual who has a proven ability to deliver results in a fast-growing environment. The ideal candidate should have 3+ years of pricing and/or commercial experience gained in technology, finance and/or consulting sector. Strong business insight, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical skills and experience supporting one or more lines of business. You should also be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in making sound business decisions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the products within their portfolio, including licensing metrics, go-to-market model, and competitive positioning
- Provide comprehensive analysis to enable the development of packaging strategies that improve VMware sales
- Support the development and execution of research projects that include elements such as end-customer focus groups, surveys, and conjoint analyses.
- Guide pricing proposals through VMware's pricing governance process, including presentation to Pricing Committee and action item follow up
- Partner with cross functional partners in Product Management, Sales Operations, Partner Operations, Finance, Legal, Supply Chain, and Support to evaluate and implement pricing recommendations
- Support key pricing related projects and programs
- Perform ad hoc analyses for senior management
In this role, you will work independently and within a team of pricing subject matter experts. You have the ability to work in a fast pace environment demonstrating autonomy in conforming to strategic intent while adhering to team values.
- You are a strategic thinker with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- You are an excellent communicator and can distill and present complicated concepts
- You have an interest in technology and the ability to learn about the cloud infrastructure, service provider, telco, and information security markets
- You are an Excel expert and have experience with Tableau or other data/pricing analytical tools
- You have 3+ years of pricing, finance and/or sales operations
- You have familiarity with pricing principles, business models, and route-to-market concepts.
- You understand market research and have experience of survey design and analysis
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Engineering or a related field
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, empathy, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, trustworthiness, and good-natured fun.
- You have ability to program and build scalable models using SAS, R, Python
- You have knowledge of pricing research methodologies (e.g. conjoint, max diff)
- You have strong, demonstrated program and project management skills
- You have worked in the technology or telecommunications space
- You have experience with SaaS business models
- You have an MBA (preferred but not required)
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Meet Some of VMware Carbon Black's Employees
Stacia T.Regional Sales Engineer
Stacia demonstrates VMware Carbon Black’s technology to prospective customers. Once they’ve signed on, she ensures they know how to use the products and receive all the resources they need.
Back to top