Pre-Sales Data Engineer
- Utrecht, Netherlands
Pre-Sales Data Engineer
Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware's exciting new Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) Data team, made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run, and manage their most important applications and their data.
You will promote VMware Data Solutions including data replatforming architectures, data warehouse and analytics to support the sales process. You will mainly focus on Vmware Tanzu Greenplum and Vmware Postgresql.
You have a strong knowledge of the data warehouse and analytic space, and experience with open source data products and technologies as PostgreSQL.
You will establish customer relationships ranging from DBA to CIO, and will provide technical expertise on engagements and will identify new target opportunities within our accounts.
- Promote VMware Data products and solutions to existing customers and prospects.
- Understand customer data and analytics challenges and help translate to business requirements in positioning VMware Data Software and Services.
- Understand and communicate customer-specific values of VMware Data solutions and how they integrate with the customer's data ecosystem
- Manages relationships with client stakeholders as the key advisor on analytic architecture and by partnering with the customer's architecture experts (ecosystem & domain architects).
- Creates Client interest in VMware Data solutions.
- Support the full sales process cycle.
- Facilitate and/or lead demonstration of VMware Data capabilities.
- Experience with enterprise data solutions in a pre-sales capacity
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to converse with both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Experience within large-scale Databases and/or Data Warehouse technology, ETL, Streaming Engine, analytics and cloud technologies
- Strong Hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Good Experience of using and administering Linux and Network technologies
- Experience using computer languages (Python or R) to manipulate data and extract insights from large data sets a plus
This position is eligible for JoinTeamTanzu referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top