Practice Director, EUC
- Staines, United Kingdom
Are you a resilient, emotionally intelligent leader with a growth mindset and passion for building exceptional collaborative teams? If you are, we have a fantastic position to share with you.
The Professional Services Delivery Practice Director (DPD) for End User Computing, EMEA, is the main link between Professional Services, Sales, Partners & Product Management. The DPD has overall ownership of PS capacity in their given area and is expected to build a clear and precise view of demand pipeline, delivery skills and appropriate geographical placement of internal and partner resources to ensure that we have the right people with the right skills in place for our field delivery teams to delight our customers.
As an extended member of the Specialist Sales leadership team you will be working closely with the VP of Sales for EUC EMEA to ensure positive alignment between our teams. You will have direct management responsibility for a team of up to 4 domain experts, and a matrix management responsibility for an organization of up to forty field specialists. You will be responsible for the creation and ongoing development of the community which forms the heart of the team and is key to our learning and consistency.
In your role you have responsibility for defining and implementing skills enablement and training plans for our PS specialists and will help to translate customer, field and sales feedback into clear requirements for our Product Management and Engineering teams to build or adapt existing services. With a sharp focus on understanding barriers to customer adoption you will work with our experienced Customer Experience and Success teams including Support & Technical Account Management teams to drive EUC adoption.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Direct management of a team of technical experts and matrix management of the EMEA end user computing delivery specialists
- Enhance and grow the specialist community, ensuring open collaboration, team spirit and identity
- Work with the EMEA Delivery Director to define and align on the strategic direction of the business
- Establish a strong specialist partner community in conjunction with the Delivery Management teams
- Build and maintain close relationships and alignment with the global PS Product Managers (PSPMs) in addition to your AMER and APJ peers
- Lead and be responsible for the specialist sales team relationship on behalf of EMEA Professional Services
- Own and be accountable for EUC delivery capacity and capability in EMEA
- Support the hiring and onboarding of specialist resources in close alignment with field delivery
- Develop technical enablement and training plans for the EUC community in collaboration with field readiness & education teams and the PSPM
- Assist the PSPM to understand field delivery, sales and customer feedback for opportunities to improve existing products and services
- Responsible for PSPM/Geo alignment in annual planning cycles ensuring that EMEA requirements are suitably represented
- Maintains a single view of EMEA performance, project issues, resolution, and context. As well as a clear view of project staffing and lead times in coordination with the Resource Management team (RMO)
- Present a consolidated view of EUC key-metrics performance, achievements, challenges, and lessons learnt to senior management on a quarterly and ad-hoc basis
- Demonstrable ability to influence and achieve results
- Ability to create an environment of positive collaboration
- Ability to drive data-based decisions and business justifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills alongside strong presentation skills and presence in front of executive leaders
- Experience and knowledge of Professional Service Delivery requirements and challenges including development & review of statements of works
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies and products
- Awareness of EUC industry trends and challenges (highly beneficial)
- Experience in delivery management/consultancy (beneficial)
- Experience of driving successful Matrix management (beneficial)
- Previous Customer Advocacy experience a bonus
- Reports to Senior Director of EMEA Delivery
- Experience: 10-15 years, preferably blue-chip employment history
- Travel: Flexibility for pre-planned travel
- All EMEA locations considered.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top