- Palo Alto, CA
Come join the VMware's Performance Engineering team. We are a diverse organization of creative thinkers, solving cross product performance problems from platform, storage, networking, management products to SaaS and hybrid cloud. We drive efficiency, improve the bottom line and have fun while doing it. Our products and services drive a measurable impact on the business, we do the things that matter.
Our team defines performance standards and is closely involved in products design and architecture to ensure they are fundamentally built for high performance and scalability. The team plays a critical role in taking products to market by generating performance highlights and educate customers on sizing and performance best practices. Research is ingrained in our DNA. We invent new technologies that enable our products to scale to next generation hardware and applications. We advance through research, development and domain expertise the future of AI within the company. Make a difference in your career - be part of something bigger than all of us - Join the VMware performance family.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
As a member of VMware's Storage I/O Performance Engineering team, you will work on driving scale and performance of I/O performance of VMware's storage virtualization software products, primarily focused on Virtual SAN (vSAN). The team is also engaged in I/O performance of vSphere core storage stack and storage availability solutions and building performance analytics solutions for VMware products.
The candidate should be able to analyze storage stack performance across a variety of hardware and software configurations, develop performance diagnostics tools, build and automate performance measurement and analysis tools. The candidate would be responsible for developing and executing performance test plans, root causing and resolving performance issues, and working with other performance engineers as well as developers to improve VMWare's storage offerings. You'll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Aptitude for performance engineering R&D and experience with performance benchmarks and methodology
- Experience working on large distributed systems
- Good programming skills with Python, C/C++
- Capable of architecting/understanding complex software solutions
- Solid understanding of CPU, memory, network, and storage hardware and software subsystems as they relate to performance
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in storage or network domain
- Experience with end-to-end system performance analysis
- Familiarity with designing regression tests and analysis
- Experience with Linux performance tools and developing performance automation tools
- Strong background in operating system internals and computer architecture
- Exposure to data analytics, machine learning and statistical analyses
Back to top