Performance Automation Engineer (BLR #1)
- Bangalore, India
Performance Engineer (Automation)
Great opportunity for Engineers interested in a deeply technical learning experience within VMware's Performance Engineering Organization. Our members gain in-dept knowledge of the behavior of complex software systems while characterizing and optimizing application performance in leading-edge virtualization environments. We analyze and further improve performance of key virtualization components for VMware's key product portfolio.
- Build and maintain a comprehensive suite of performance tests & tools.
- Monitor performance and scalability of VMware's core virtualization products.
- Analyze and design test plans for new product features.
- Automate performance and scalability tracking of key vSphere feature characteristics.
- Identify, analyze, and address performance regressions together with development teams.
- Support developer enablement (precheck-in testing) via one-off and self-service.
- Design benchmark frameworks used to identify hardware and software performance bottlenecks.
- Demonstrate feature/component expertise of end-to-end performance test area.
- Continuously review product code for optimizations and performance improvements.
- Work closely with Development teams to identify gaps in our existing coverage areas.
- Lead and mentor engineers in the team.
- Work collaboratively across organizations.
- Bachelor of Science/Master's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience in performance engineering or software QA.
- Workload and framework automation are a must.
- System administration experience is a must (Linux and Windows).
- Performance analysis skills (highly desirable).
- Good working knowledge of virtualization concepts and cloud computing.
- In-depth knowledge of scripting languages (Shell and Python).
- Hands-on experience in performance tools & benchmarks.
- Hands-on experience with VMware vSphere product.
- Practical knowledge of processor architectures (Intel, AMD), storage concepts, and networking topologies is highly desirable.
- Experience in testing storage/networking device drivers.
- Knowledge of operating system internals (Linux).
We monitor, analyze, and optimize end-to-end performance of VMware's products including minimizing hypervisor overheads and accelerating IO. Our core deliverables include developing and maintaining automated performance tracking environments for vSphere. We generate large amounts of visualized performance data through dashboards and monitor the same for identifying and preventing costly product performance regressions prior to release. Daily tasks involve top-of-build-tree test execution and use of code triage methods (Binary Search) in order to identify code changes leading up to performance issues. We also engage with the greater R&D for early up-stream detection/prevention of performance issues and new feature analysis via one-off experimentations using new workloads.
Why Join VMWare:
Our people create and release innovative products that are the envy of the industry. Take part in our journey to uphold our strong reputation for cutting-edge performance; high quality; award-winning industry-leading products, and solutions. Here is a list of key reasons for joining the VMware Team:
- Work for the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the data center.
- Make an impact on your career; your team; the company; the industry, and the world by fundamentally transforming how people and organizations use laptops, desktops, servers and data centers.
- Voice your creative and innovative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Learn from approachable, responsive executive management team, and high caliber colleagues
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness, collaboration, and balance.
- Earn a competitive salary and performance-based bonuses, and benefit increases.
- Grow professionally and personally by accessing our vast in-house R&D Training courses plus education assistance program.
- Advance your career in our strong promote-from-within culture.
- Enjoy a generous benefits package that really take care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun.
VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in Business Infrastructure Virtualization, delivers proven virtualization solutions - from the desktop through the datacenter and to the cloud - that energize business, while saving energy. IT organizations in companies of all sizes rely on VMware and its industry-leading platform, VMware vSphere™, to achieve a more efficient, controlled and flexible IT environment. With 2020 revenues of $10 billion and more than 3,00,000 customers and 25,000 partners for vSphere, VMware delivers the world's most trusted solutions for virtualization, a strategic initiative that consistently ranks as a top priority among CIOs. VMware's award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 30,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top