PAN Security Engineer
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Job Role and Responsibility:
- Install, configure, manage and troubleshoot Palo Alto Networks Firewalls.
- Maintain and administer perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Responsible for ongoing configuration changes, monitoring and maintenance for Palo Alto Networks
- Understand and familiar with processes like change management, revision control, and automation.
- Help in troubleshooting customer's network security issues.
- Research industry best practices and make recommendations
- Create configuration and installation documents
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills, be a team player and willing to learn.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related discipline OR CCIE certification, written and practical exam, in at least one of the following areas of specialization: Service Provider, Routing & Switching, Data Center, Security or Wireless.
- This position requires a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in service provider networking
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer 7 (PCNSE7) certification.
- Install and maintain firewall technologies such as: Palo Alto Networks.
- Have knowledge in VPN, VRF, MPLS, and network routing.
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Need good oral and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Should have experience with Internet technologies and networking
- Assist on other projects and operational issues
- Requires 0-10% travel.
- Support the 24/7 NOC operations and be available for on-call duties on a rotating basis
- Drive around in local area to various buildings and datacenters, be able to safely lift, move, rack and install equipment up to 60 lbs.
- Network protocol captures and analysis (i.e. wireshark, netflow, etc.)
- Experience with Linux, Windows, MAC.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top