New Graduate- Technical Support Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
New Graduate- Technical Support Engineer
Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you're connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We have the journey for you!
About the Global Support Services Team:
The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products.
GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the "best of the best" supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
As a Technical Support Engineer and a member of the Global Services Support Team, you will have the ability to work independently or as part of a team with some of VMware's most strategic customers and partners to drive their success. You will provide support to our customers, using VMware products, isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues. To be successful in this role, you are a highly motivated individual as well as a self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical and analytical skills; and be someone who welcomes challenges.
• Respond to customer technical inquiries - via email and telephone
• Resolve technical issues through diligent research, reproduction and troubleshooting
• Provide root cause analysis of customer issues
• Develop workarounds to existing product lines when applicable
• Raise issues according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Use internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
• Craft and promote the creation of solution contact to assist within the centre.
• Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share processes and learn about new technologies.
• Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical trainings.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• B.S. degree in an engineering or equivalent experience
• Strong communication and customer service skills are required in order to work successfully with customers in highly dynamic or ambiguous situations.
• Ability to manage multiple issues while maintaining short response and resolution times
• Knowledge of current mobile device trends.
• Experience developing and installing software
• Experience with Windows operating systems
• Experience using MSSQL to tackle issues
• Experience solving enterprise networking problems
• Logical approach to problem solving.
• Fun to work with and enjoy helping others succeed
• Hands-on experience with innovative technology
• Dynamic presenter with the ability to translate technical thoughts to everyday language
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top