New Graduate – Product Development- Site Reliability Engineering Developer
VMware recognizes that today's students are tomorrow's trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
Work here. Transform everywhere.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you're connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it's the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We have the journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), working on the VMware VMC Site Reliability Engineering team will help build out the next stage career journey.
Insights into your Role:
Ensure that VMware Cloud on AWS operates at high reliability and performance at scale with minimum human touch for our customers.
The VMC on AWS Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for software developers with a diverse set of experiences and skill sets to build and run the exciting new VMWare Cloud on AWS services. As a SDDCaaS SRE developer you will provide service insight, response, and service management to maintain high service reliability with low touch through extensible services/platforms, standardized processes, data insights, and product input.
A new graduate on our team will be responsible for Service Health, Optics, Service Management, Orchestration, and Remediation & Troubleshooting.
New Grad Performance Objectives:
By joining our diverse SRE team you will be responsible for the VMC on AWS service and all aspects of it in production including the user experience. This includes designing and developing solutions to improve service optics, availability, performance, and security. You will build services that enrich monitoring and automation through data analytics and applied tooling (ML, Clustering, anomaly detection, AI, etc.). Through Service Response (Incident management, problem management, and participation on the globally staffed Service Watch) you will use metrics and optics systems to ensure performance, scalability, and stability. You will ensure proper metrics are implemented to measure service health and drive error budgeting. Through partnerships you foster with the development teams you will support new features, services, releases, and become an authority in our services. You will focus on building solutions to better operate our services at scale: auto remediation, reducing manual intervention during production incidents, service metrics, optics, monitoring, process automation, data integrity, and service turn-up/ turn-down.
· BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
· Strong knowledge in JAVA and Python programming languages
· Knowledge with container orchestrators (Kubernetes, Docker Native Orchestration, Mesos, Docker Swarm)
· Knowledge with NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, etc.) and/or search-based datastores and libraries (Lucene, Solr, etc.).
· Knowledge with configuration management tools such as Puppet, or Chef
· Excellent troubleshooting, critical thinking, and data analysis skills (applications, storage, networking, service systems)
· Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
· Knowledge with one or more of the following: Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Clustering, Anomaly detection, A/B testing
· Strong foundation with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
· Understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols
· Able to balance multiple tasks and projects effectively and quickly adapt to new variables
· Professional and open-minded attitude
· Be part of a service watch rotation
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· A tenacious ability to diagnose and fix performance and reliability problems
· You are able to document and version APIs
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top