New Graduate - IT Finance - Application Developer
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you're connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it's the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com
VMware's IT-Finance group supports VMware Finance function with platforms and systems capabilities. We are transforming our software delivery practices to bring in greater agility. You will team up with a geographically distributed team of Engineers, Product Managers, QE and DevOps staff in Bangalore, Palo Alto, Cork and Costa Rica. You will bring your technical experience / expertise in web-based/mobile applications development and drive the adoption of standard methodologies as we build a scalable platform for Finance, HR, Legal and REW requirements.
As a New Graduate at VMware, you'll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. You'll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture work and springboard an impactful career. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You'll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
- Design and configure solutions, and partner with the business to develop, test, and deploy solutions, including integrations
- Drive application development within IT
- Author technical Design documents and collaborate with other Developers/QA team-members to achieve desired outcomes
- Be willing to learn about existing (legacy) IT platforms as well as new market offerings in this domain
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Systems / Computer Science or related discipline
- 0-2 years of full-time application development experience
- Full-stack development experience (LAMP / Java)
- Exposure to DevOps practices and CI/CD
- Exposure/Awareness of APIs / Microservices development
- Ability to work effectively under time-critical deadlines and handle competing priorities
- Organizational skills, high attention to detail, and superior time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in ERP systems, Workday and High-tech sector is a plus
- Exposure developing and maintaining consumer-facing web or mobile applications
- Open source code contributions
- Exposure with Platform as a Service (PaaS) such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku or similar; Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or Spring Developer certification
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top