New Graduate - IT Applications Development - Member of Technical Staff
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you're connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it's the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As a Member of Technical Staff you will participate in developing cloud native applications that adhere to microservices and 12 factor application principles. As a microservices developer, you will be able to comprehend existing application architecture and demonstrate the technical capabilities to design micro services based distributed architecture using Domain Driven Design techniques and patterns library and deploy at enterprise scale.
- Apply Domain Driven Design techniques and library of cloud native patterns to implement micro services-based architecture
- Participate in the architecture, design and development of features to meet SaaS customer needs
- Deliver robust, fault tolerant, production ready code
- You are always shipping
- Daily product decision making and real product delivery with product managers and developers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field of study.
- Results-driven mindset with the ability to multitask and navigate through ambiguity
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including good communication with the ability to articulate ideas in a precise and concise manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc)
- Ability to work in collaborative, cross functional, and multi-cultural teams
- Java / Spring / Netflix OSS / Rabbit MQ / Redis
- Single-page web application architecture
- API's integration: SOAP and REST Webservices, SSO implementation (SAML, OAuth)
- SQL (Oracle, MySOL); NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Continuous Integration, Automated Deployment Strategies
- Testing frameworks (RSpec, Selenium)
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top