New Graduate - Information Technologies - Technical \\ Network Analyst
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers.
VMware IT provides technology services and support, enabling efficiency, simplicity and productivity for internal business partners and external customers. The VMware IT organization provides two distinct, yet compatible functions. The IT team enables productivity and supports all employees; the organization additionally supports the company in its growth as the global leader in cloud infrastructure by developing and showcasing VMware products and technology. Working in tandem, these two functionalities reduce IT complexity and cost, both within VMware and for its customers.
- Perform performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting, continual improvement and capacity planning of the network infrastructure for production environments
- Review entire environment and execute initiatives to reduce failures, defects and improving overall performance and quality of network infrastructure.
- Work with Network and Telecom team for all maintenance (Improvement, Remedial or Enhancement projects).
- Perform Incident management, Problem management, and Change management tasks.
- Provide trending and Root Cause Analysis
- Analyzing the network performance reports and suggesting actions for improvement
- Perform tasks that are often unstructured and address issues that are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches
- Collaborate across teams to improve network and communications
- Managing planned changes on VMware's corporate network
- Manage network availability and utilization reporting
- Managing mini projects involving multiple teams
- Managing and analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; including documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks, with tight deadlines concurrently
- Demonstrate ability to perform well in a dynamic environment, with on-time delivery
- Demonstrate ability to write and present effective materials, including presentations, status reporting, technical diagrams and flowcharts
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions
- Ability to follow and adhere to policies, procedures and standards relating to network and systems management
- Ability to collaborate with global teams
- Capable of preparing test plans to implement new technologies/configurations
- Ability to work a 24x7 on-call rotation schedule
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation
- Capable of supporting production network infrastructure
- Experience with hands on Tools like HP Open view, Solarwinds, or any other monitoring tools like Cisco Prime and Aruba Airware
- Capable of debugging tools like Wireshark,tcpdump
- Knowledge of OSPF v3, and BGP v6
- Knowledge firewall implementations (layering, DMZ, SNAT/DNAT)
- Hands on experience with Cisco, Aruba, PAN products
- Knowledge of Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu, and Windows operating systems a plus
- Cisco VSS / vPC, port-channels (N*10Gbps), trunking, and spanning tree (MST/PVST)
- Knowledge of IPv4, IPv6, HSRP/VRRP, OSPF v2, BGP v4, MPLS, and VRF
- Capable of implementing and supporting dense core/edge networks
Education & Certification:
- Pursuing a Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience as a Network Administrator or Network Analyst is a plus
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) is a plus
- Project Management qualification is a plus
- Graduates must have graduated within 12 months of the start date
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top