New Graduate, Human Resources - HR Specialist
- Alajuela, Costa Rica
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The HR Specialist is a key member of the Global HR Services team responsible for providing administrative and operational program support for both candidates and VMware employees. This person will be responsible for the daily administration of various processes including the hiring process, verification of employment and business travel letters, employee terminations. This person will be responsible for working cross-functionally with other US-based HR teams including HRIS, Staffing, and Business Partners.
- Provide consultation to recruiters and hiring managers as needed regarding the hiring process & business travel letters.
- Audit and generate employment offer letters/ employment contracts and work as a direct point of contact for candidates between offer stage and New Hire on-boarding stage.
- Create specific HR documents such as business travel letters (including all necessary employee support letters for traveling & VISA purposes).
- Generate verification of employment letters.
- Process voluntary and involuntary terminations in our VMware's HR System, Workday.
- Manage work via Workday and VMware's ticket management tool.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Solid customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient in written and verbal English language
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate across global teams and partners.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking and prioritizing is necessary.
- Exhibit problem solving and critical thinking skills to facilitate consultation needed.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure and time constraints.
- Shared Service Center experience is a plus
- Workday or other HR management tools is a plus
- Ability to work as part of a team and cooperate with other team members.
- Hands-on experience with innovative technology
- Dynamic presenter with the ability to translate technical thoughts to everyday language
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top