New Graduate – Finance Systems – Sr. Business Analyst
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you're connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it's the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), you will be part of the dynamic Business Transformation and Automation (BTA) organization within VMWare. In BTA, we have collaborative and inclusive culture that will enable our Sr. Business Analyst in developing their careers, so start your journey with us!
- As a member of BTA Finance, you will have a challenging and a broad role providing you the exposure to VMWare's Financial Planning and Reporting solutions.
- You will collaborate closely with overall BTA, Corporate Finance, BU Finance and IT teams worldwide to collect new requirements and build new financial planning and reporting solutions.
- Your day-to-day exposure includes utilizing your analytical skills to actively contribute to new project implementations and application support
- You will provide operational support for new and existing finance system activities including period close, forecast/plan preparations as well as data, metadata and user management
- You will collaborate with different teams as needed on new process implementation, planning and execution on test cycles, resolving defects and issues and conducting end user trainings
- Pursuing an MBA degree
- Prior system experience with any of the following areas: Finance, Accounting, Financial Planning or Reporting
- Ability to multitask and navigate through ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills, incl. good communication with the ability to articulate ideas in a precise and concise manner
- Enthusiasm and a desire to make a difference
- Ability to think creatively, take ownership of tasks and adapt to changing business requirements
- Motivated self-learner with the passion and follow through to acquire new skills
- Work well in a global virtual environment that is fast-paced and constantly changing
- MS Excel, Access, SAP/Oracle or related systems and tools skills
- Experience with Hyperion or Smart View is a plus
- Ability working with cross functional teams
- Effective presentation skills
- Fascination with information technology and its use in business
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top